We have added the long-requested MobArena endless mode, where you can
farm XP compete to be the best survivor against huge and unforgiving hordes of mobs. There have also been other improvements particularly to sound effects and the death screen in PVP.
MOB-ARENA ENDLESS MODE
Unlike normal Mob-Arena maps, the new Endless Mode goes on forever or until you lose!
In endless modes, each wave is randomly picked from the roster of waves that could spawn in the normal map. Every 10 waves (for most maps) there will be a boss wave.
This cycle repeats, but after every boss the game will get harder:
- The amount of monsters increases by 30% (linearly, i.e. 1.0x -> 1.3x -> 1.6x…) until the mob cap is reached
- The difficulty of boss skills increases by 1 half star
- Bosses will use skills 10% faster (1.0x -> 1.1x -> 1.2x…)
Only 1 map will be playable in Endless at a time, which changes randomly every week. There is no extra requirement to play Endless besides reaching the normal unlock level of the map (only maps above level 8 will be eligible to not confuse new players).
The endless mode is guaranteed to test the limits of your skill. How far will you survive?
Added new weapon models for the M16A1, MG3, MG34, AA-12, ASh 12.7, and Scenario MG 42.
DEATH SCREEN OVERHAUL
When you die in PVP, the death screen that displays has now been improved.
- The subtitle now shows the number of times you and the enemy killed each other
- You can now hover over the killer weapon message to see the weapon’s mods
- Suicides will now say Killed in Action instead of Killed by Yourself
We have added new sound effects to the following events:
- Boss skills: Spawn Creepers, Spawn Mites, Laser, Bomb Cannon, Slime Cannon, Flood, Creeper Cannon, Speed
- Dying in Mob-Arena
- Winning and losing in Mob-Arena
OBJECTIVE CAPTURE EXP
Capturing an objective in King of the Hill and Domination will now award +150 EXP.
- Changed the skin of the Competitive NPC at spawn
- Reduced the volume of the Minigun
- Moderators no longer get moved to the main server when leaving PVP. Normal players are not affected
- Added an option for moderators to spectate PVP directly
- Auto-Restarting has been added to the PVP servers. They restart once a day and will move players into the main server before the restart.
- Removed the unnecessary “You have joined the lobby* arena!” message when joining PVP
- Fixed a glitch where player loadout was being reset to the starter weapons if they were set to newly obtained weapons
- Fixed a glitch where the new player auto-equip system was putting P2000 into the second pistol slot even though it is a starter pistol
- Fixed a glitch where new players’ data sometimes did not save due to an error when creating MySQL row
- Fixed a long-standing console spam bug having to do with the minigame message system
- Fixed a glitch where the M1919A4 model in ADS was sideways in 1.15+