You are currently viewing Update 1.5.2: Elephant Gun

Update 1.5.2: Elephant Gun

Hello all,

This minor update brings back the much-requested L39, as well as the STG-44 and the M1014. It also fixes an important memory leak in PVP as well as several other issues.



Lahti L-39

An anti-tank rifle which is realistically impossible to handle by one soldier. It cuts your movement speed in half, but essentially gives you a 20mm autocannon in exchange! As the most expensive weapon in the game, it can be equipped to fire APHE, Frag, HE, and Incendiary rounds to dominate long-range situations provided that you are fine with being stationary.


The world’s first widely-used assault rifle. It is the cheapest assault rifle, tied with the IMI Galil, and offers a good sustained-fire accuracy unlike the Galil at the cost of only having a 500 RPM rate of fire. It is a jack of all trades, master of none – while its overall performance is significantly worse than more expensive weapons, one may still wish to use it to save Money or Supply Points depending on the mode. The STG-44 lacks specialized ammunition types.


A no-frills semi-automatic shotgun. While the close range damage is similar to the SPAS-12, the M1014 has a slower fire rate and higher recoil, but tighter spread and better effective range. It has the same supply cost as the SPAS-12. It unlocks at Player Level 1. Noob gun!


In Update 1.5, Creepers in Endless mode could now give beneficial effects to nearby mobs and players when exploding. While it was fun, they were very overpowered as it meant that players could easily obtain permanent potion effects like Speed, Regeneration, and Jump Boost. We have decided to nerf these effects but keep them in the game, but in return, mobs in Endless can now spawn with Netherite weapons and armor.

  • New mobs introduced between Minecraft 1.13-1.17 will now have correct XP values when defeating them.
  • Updated disguise plugin to hopefully fix various issues with disguised mobs
  • Nerfed the potion effects from Creeper explosions that were unintentionally introduced in Update 1.5
    • Limited the level of Regeneration and Jump Boost to level 1. Speed, Strength, and Absorption are still unlimited
    • Effects now only have a 5% chance to be permanent. For the other 95% of the time, the effect on the Creeper will be a random duration between 1 and 20 minutes
    • The Absorption effect will never be permanent
    • It is still very much worth going for Creeper potion effects, but they are no longer completely overpowered!
  • Turtle Helmets now count towards armor when calculating gun damage
  • Mobs in very high rounds in Endless can now spawn with Netherite gear
    • When calculating gun damage, Netherite armor is counted as having 1 extra armor point per piece compared to diamond armor
  • Mobs in Endless will now have a higher chance of spawning with weapons at higher rounds
  • Anvils will no longer break when used in Mob-Arena


  • Fixed a major bug where a memory leak caused the PVP and Competitive servers to crash after a few hours
  • Fixed a bug where you could see your own disguise in Zombie Siege
  • Fixed a bug where advancement messages were not properly disabled
  • Fixed a bug where teammate nametags appeared white instead of their intended color
  • Fixed a bug where the Reduced Debug Info gamerule was not being applied in-game
  • Fixed a bug where the High Voltage Gloves was missing reload sounds
  • Fixed a bug where the ZCart custom mob looked like a player instead of a spawner minecart

Hotfix January 4th, 2021:

  • Fixed a bug where the new mob armor changes did not work
  • All chunks are now unloaded on round end in PVP and Competitive to further reduce memory leak issues
  • Added caching of item NBT data to significantly improve performance
    • This was necessary because the new 1.17 method of retrieving NBT turns out to be much slower than the old 1.12 method and causes significant CPU usage
    • This may introduce subtle issues in the gun system because some of the code wasn’t designed with this caching in mind. If you run into any issues, please report it on Discord so it can be fixed
  • Reduced the frequency of sending the player movement speed and FOV packet
    • This slightly reduces server CPU and network usage
    • Packets are now only sent once per two seconds, or if the player’s speed or field of view changes

Hotfix January 5th, 2021:

  • World references in the map system are now nullified on game end in PVP and Competitive to further reduce memory leak issues
  • Fixed another potential source of the memory leak issue in the scoreboard system
  • Fixed a bug where an old admin command was accessible by regular players using the tab auto-complete
  • Disabled auto-update for a plugin that would occasionally cause the server to hang on startup

Leave a Reply