We have released a new update which adds Alpine Trench, our largest map ever, alongside Minecraft 1.14 support and major bug fixes.
Brand new to the lineup is the long-awaited Alpine Trench. This map takes place in a large mountain range, and it is filled with lush greenery, muddy trenches, and a war-torn No Man’s Land. We have enabled sprinting in Alpine Trench due to the map’s gigantic size.
The build team has made several changes to the current map lineup. We hope you will enjoy them:
We believed that the last version for baggage was a little small so we went through and did a full rescale. The increased size allowed for a lot more detailing work to be done so the map looks even better now.
We have fully remade Dust and Short Dust this update. With these remakes, we paid a lot of attention to scaling to ensure that these maps play more like their CS:GO counterparts. Additionally, we put a lot of effort into beautifying all parts of the map.
Subway has been fully remade, and with a whole new look. It’s essentially a brand new map. The new subway features a long subway platform just like the old one, but with more space for combat. The main concourse now consists of various shops and eateries, providing a more interesting upper-level than the older version.
We have added a new shortened DustPCG map for Arms Race and Demolitions.
MINECRAFT 1.14 SUPPORT
GunColony now supports Minecraft 1.14 on a best-effort basis. Things are not perfect and not all issues have been ironed out, but the game is playable.
- Updated resource pack to support both Minecraft 1.13.x and 1.14.x with one file
- Minecraft 1.13.x players will automatically re-download the new resource pack
- Particles from weapon muzzle will display lower for 1.14 players so that they appear at the correct location on screen, matching the lower sneak height
- Recoil will act differently for 1.14 players in hipfire mode to get around a movement jittering bug.
- ADS recoil will still work normally and as such, the movement jittering will still exist in ADS.
Current list of issues for 1.14 players:
- Walking on snow may cause glitches for 1.14 players
- While sneaking and firing the weapon, 1.14 players will experience jittering in movement, though it does not affect the overall game performance or FPS
- While sneaking, you are still unable to go through 1.5 block spaces even though you can in vanilla 1.14
- The lower sneak height means that your bullet will hit slightly above where you are aiming in 1.14. Correct your aim accordingly.
- Attempting to sprint swim will still drag back the player for both 1.13 and 1.14
- Fixed an issue where players do not get crates after a PVP or Competitive lobby until they leave the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where players who quit directly from a PVP/Competitive lobby (or is removed due to server restarts) may not receive any earned crates in a previous match.