Today’s update adds weapon knockback and better throwable items to Mob-Arena to make the mode more complex and replayable. Additionally, we have tweaked some of the new features added in the last update to reduce the amount of unlock grinding for new players.
Street is a Mob-Arena map that unlocks at Level 2. It provides a great zombie survival experience to introduce players to GunColony. It features mini-bosses and several custom mobs to provide something interesting and different to new players while also familiarizing them with our custom game mechanics. It has 20 waves on Easy, and 30 waves on Hard.
Overpass is a map inspired by CS:GO. It features a large layout with plenty of medium-range sightlines and some verticality. It is available in TDM Random Spawns and Defusal.
Crossfire is a map from Black Mesa. It has a lot of vertical height and features the interiors of the buildings and bunker. It is available for Free For All.
Ravine is a compact Free For All map. It takes place in a large cave system with buildings hanging from the ceiling. Don’t fall off the walkways!
We have added a new Knockback mechanic inspired by old versions of GunColony! Shooting at monsters will now knock them back. The amount of knockback depends on the damage you deal. If you want to reliably knock back monsters, a Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or Grenades are your best bet.
Note that bosses can only be knocked back if you are its target (prevents everyone knocking the boss around in large maps).
NEW MOB-ARENA DROPS
We have increased the drop rate of items and added new items to the drop pool in Mob-Arena. We have also rebalanced all grenades dropped within MA, giving them different strengths and making them all viable to use inside the game.
- All grenades: Throw distance have been reduced to allow players to throw them more precisely; damage penetration value has been increased allowing mobs to be damaged through walls, but the amount of damage is still reduced depending on the type of cover.
- Grenade: Now has lower max damage (480 -> 350) but much larger area of effect. Fuse reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
- Impact Grenade: New addition! Detonates on impact, but has much lower damage and effective radius than the Frag Grenade.
- Stick Grenade: New addition! Has the highest explosive radius and penetration, and can be thrown further than other grenades. Slow swap time and medium damage.
- Stun Grenade: New addition! Detonates on impact; slows and weakens mobs within a huge radius for 6 seconds. Also deals some damage and knockback.
- Gas Grenade: New addition! Very rare drop. Gives slowness and deals relatively low damage for a very long duration of 45 seconds. Hard for players to see through it.
- RPG-7: New addition! Very rare drop. Shoots 3 explosive rockets with similar damage profile as the Impact Grenade.
- M202 Flash: New addition! Very rare drop. Shoots 4 explosive rockets at a higher fire rate than the RPG-7, but the rockets have less radius.
- Bandage: Renamed from Healer. Drops more often than before.
- Health Pack: Drops more often than before.
- Healer Shot: Regen duration doubled to 20 seconds. Comparatively rarer than other healing items.
- Bouncy Slimeball: Now has higher damage overall and a large knockback.
- Explosive Magma Cream: Now has higher damage overall and a large knockback; does not bounce as much off surfaces so it is easier to aim the explosion.
- Shulker Bullet: Now shoots 5 bullets instead of 1 to improve its ability to levitate groups of mobs. Levitation now lasts longer. Damage per projectile reduced.
- Speed Powder: New! Drops from Blazes. When used, it gives Speed III for 45 seconds.
- Lightning Bolt: New! Drops from Powered Creepers. Shoots a laser beam with extremely high damage that kills an entire line of mobs, and then causes a powerful explosion once it hits a block.
MOB-ARENA DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS
We have reduced the damage of most weapon types in Mob-Arena to balance out the knockback and throwable buffs, and to better balance the different weapon categories.
- Fully-automatic ARs, SMGs, LMGs: 60% damage; +15% damage when switched to Semi-Auto or Burst
- Semi-automatic ARs, Snipers, Shotguns: 70% damage
- Pump-action, Double Barrel Shotguns: 80% damage
- Handguns: 90% damage
- Bolt-action Snipers: 100% damage
- Flamethrower, High Voltage Gloves: 60% damage
- Laser-451, Crossbow, Fire Launcher: 100% damage
- Knife: left click damage increased 37.5 -> 50, right click stays the same (97.5)
We have re-enabled our Tech Tree system to help you unlock weapons faster! To unlock a weapon with this system, you have to play with a specific prerequisite weapon in-game and level it up. Then, you will get two benefits that help you unlock the weapon:
- The token purchase price of the weapon will be 60% off
- You can randomly find and unlock the weapon in crates
IMPROVED SPAWNS IN PVP
We have made improvements to the PVP spawning algorithm to better avoid spawning players near enemies.
- If an enemy is within 10m of a spawnpoint, it is now ignored completely while choosing spawns
- If an enemy is within 30m, spawn chance is reduced
- If an enemy is within 30m and can see the spawnpoint, the spawn is ignored completely
- If an enemy is within 50m and has line of sight, spawn chance is reduced
These changes affect TDM Random Spawns and FFA mode. Friendlies still increase the chance of nearby spawnpoints just as before.
Newbies have had a hard time reaching the unlock requirements of Versus and PVP modes after the previous update. We have significantly reduced the level requirement of all game modes to allow new players to access them earlier. Note that these changes may be reverted in the future when we introduce Discord linking to unlock PVP and/or another way for new players to level up faster such as newbie quests.
- Versus unlocks and the main spawn is accessible at Level 8, rather than Level 10
- PVP unlocks at Level 15, rather than Level 20
- The experience required to unlock PVP has almost been cut in half as a result of this change
- Competitive unlocks at Level 25, rather than Level 30
- You will now respawn in 90 seconds instead of 120 if you die during a boss wave
- The MobArena Quick Join menu now shows a red “Requires Level x” text if your level is lower than the required level of a map in progress
- The respawn time message after you die now shows the remaining time in “x minutes, x seconds” format.
- Decreased the level requirement of several Mob-Arena maps.
- Fixed a glitch where grenades were inaccurate if switching to one while moving/sprinting
- Fixed a glitch that caused Free For All spawns to be completely random instead of avoiding other players
- Fixed a glitch where everyone is put into the beginner spawn after exiting Mob-Arena regardless of their level