We have tweaked the statistics of some weapons in the game according to community suggestions following the economy update. This update is focused on balancing weapon modifications and weapon costs, though we are also taking a look at the statistics of a few popular new choices.
WEAPON PRICE TWEAKS
From recent community feedback I have decided to tweak the price of a few weapons.
- Galil AR: $2000 -> $2150
- SG 553: $3000 -> $3200
- SC-2010: $2800 -> $3150
- SPAS-12: $1700 -> $2000
- CheyTac M200: $4500 -> $4750
- M40A1: $5000 -> $4750
- Mauser C-96: $600 -> $500
KILL AWARD TWEAKS
Kill awards have been changed to be more similar to CS:GO. Knife gets back its bonus, while one-shot snipers and autopistols now have reduced awards.
- Knife now properly gives $1500 kill award on left click kills
- CZ-75 Auto, Mauser, Double Barrel, AWP, CheyTac M200, M82, K98k, M40A1, NTW-20: reduced kill award to $100
- All LMGs: Increased base damage, increased damage dropoff over range
- G11: Slightly reduced damage over range
- Tavor X95: Slightly decreased accuracy when spraying
- PPSh-41: Slightly increased damage over range
- L86 LSW: Slightly increased bullet velocity
- SIG 550: Slightly increased damage dropoff (reduced 2HK range)
- CZ-75 Auto: Backup ammo increased to 24
- P250: Increased accuracy when auto-firing at a controlled rate
- Mauser C-96: Slightly increased damage and burst/auto accuracy, reduced backup ammo to 30
I have added new colored description for modifications so it is easier to see what each one does. I have also removed the “attack speed” clutter that came with the last update by switching to retextured tools.
Also, the weapon item on the top previously just said “Click to view stats”, even though left click would equip the weapon and only right click would view the stats. This has been fixed.
Finally I have tweaked some of the modifications so they are now more balanced. They’re specializations, not upgrades (or downgrades), so every modification should have some use, but not too much. Notable changes include adding a spraying accuracy penalty to the Field Trigger Job, and removing the armor penetration bonus from shotgun dart ammo. There are a lot other smaller tweaks, too.
Follow up changes 1/12/18:
- Updated server MOTD to reflect the new update
- Switched spawnpoints in St.Marc so they are the correct ones in CS:GO, and Red Team now spawns nearer to the bombsite as in other single-bombsite maps