1. No spamming.
2. No excessive caps.
Example: “WOW DAT RANDOM HEADSHOT”
3. No discrimination or discriminating content that may make a certain group of people uncomfortable.
Example: “I support Adolf”
4. No adult/suggestive content.
Example: “no balls gg ez”
5. No swearing/cussing.
Example: “Your mom needs a trauma”
6. Be respectful to other players. No offensive language.
Example: “My team is a failure”
7. Do not attempt to circumvent the filter.
Example: “F u c 1< this game”
8. No non-English languages in public chat.
9. No advertising, except for content directly or indirectly related to GunColony that do not suggest or advertise another server.
Example: “Join hapickle now!!! Lets go play skywars!!!”
Clarification: You may post content as long as they are related to GunColony in some way and do not advertise another server. A video about new Minecraft updates or even (family appropriate) memes are fine.
1. All chat rules apply.
Example: “lobavilis in stsschestvuyuschy” (No foreign language in public chat)
2. Only posts relevant to the discussion section. All posts un-related to GunColony like Minecraft redstone discussions or forum games should go into the Off-Topic section.
Example: Post related to Call of Duty gameplay found in General Discussion
3. Do not triple-post.
Example: Quoting 3 people using 3 separate posts in one thread
4. Words censored by the in-game filter are also not allowed on the forums.
Example: “He’s such a **** to me and should be perm banned”
5. Do not repeatedly post same/similar content in an unreasonable time frame. Saying something every few hours in the in-game chat could be okay, but it would not be welcomed on the forums.
Example: Replying to multiple posts in a single day proposing a new gun suggestion
6. Non-English videos are fine as long as the thread itself is in English (or partially English) and you include in your thread title the language the video is in.
Example: PSY- Gangnam Style
7. Do not necropost. Necroposting is when a forum user posts on a thread that has been “dead” (or hasn’t had a reply since 2 weeks or more).
Example: *User posts on a thread* -> Thread is 2 months old.
Game Modification Rules:
- APIs that support other allowed mods, such as Forge, LiteLoader, bskprsLib, etc.
- Performance enhancement mods like Optifine, BetterFPS, FoamFix, VanillaFix, and FastCraft2
- Any shader pack that does not give a large unfair advantage: most shadows, color palette tweaks, screenspace godrays/reflections, volumetric clouds, antialiasing, etc.
- In-game HUD mods like 5zig PVP Mod, In-Game Info Mod, ArmorStatusHUD, DirectionHUD, WAILA, HWYLA, The One Probe, etc. as long as all functionalities to see player/mob information (including health/armor indicators) are disabled
- Zoom mods
- Chat macros (rules against spamming still apply)
- Full bright mods, as long as their only feature is fullbright
- Any mod that only affects the environment, like sound, clouds, as long as they do not make sounds audible from further away or let you see through something you normally can’t see through
- Non-Minecraft clients whose only function is to chat and send commands manually (e.g. Minecraft Console Client and MineChat
- Vanilla setting tweaks like setting brightness and FOV to weird values are allowed
Explicitly not allowed:
- Hacked clients or other cheat mods, including x-ray
- Movement mods
- Any damage indicators
- Macros that affect gameplay controls (recoil macros, etc.)
- Mods/firewalls that selectively block packets or the effects of them
- Block transparency (X-ray) resource packs
- Resource packs with custom entity models that are significantly bigger than normal
- Resource packs that make multiple layers of leaf blocks too easy to see through
- Outrageous shaderpacks: acid shaders, arbitrary sun positions for very long shadows, or raytracing/RTX-based reflections that give information about players/mobs that one can not directly see. (Non-screenspace AO/reflections are fine if they ignore entities in their raytracing algorithm)
1. All mods other than those listed in the “Allowed Mods” section are not allowed. This includes “hacked clients” or cheat mods.
2. No transperant/xray resource packs.
3. Do not abuse bugs and exploits, e.g. “Speed Glitch”.
4. Applies to PVP mode only: Do not use F5, F3+B (hitbox), or Sound Subtitles to spot enemies that you can not directly see.
Please additionally remember that any ban can be at any admin or moderator’s own discretion. If you think you have been banned unfairly, please contact an admin (PM on discord, etc.) with sufficient evidence to appeal your ban. Remember, we ban reasonably, and if you actually did break the rules we will not unban you manually – you have to wait it out.
The rules are subject to edits made by the consent of the owner(s).
By playing on GunColony or viewing the forums (guncolony.com) you automatically agree to the server rules and any updates made to it.