After the April Fools event earlier this year we promised to come up with something even better. Today we have added a new Overpowered scenario containing many ideas in the original April Fools event, as well as two new maps, an overhaul to the Zombie Siege gamemode and several important bug fixes.
NEW MAP: KEEP
Keep is an indoors map set in a medieval castle, created by James_4007. This map contains a mix of tight spaces and large open corridors that will test your reflexes and allow for a significant weapon variety. It is available in Free-For-All, One in the Chamber, King of the Hill, and Arms Race.
NEW MAP: COPPER
Copper is a map built by Mohorowe and set in a museum exhibit. It is separated into upper and lower floors for two exciting theaters of combat, and the glass roof is destructible allowing air support to be called in. It is available in TDM Random Spawns, Domination, and Defusal.
NEW OVERPOWERED SCENARIO
The new Overpowered scenario contains many goofy and completely not-balanced weapons that will allow you to defeat enemies in one hit, escape the map, rain down explosive fire, or all of the above! It also comes with a special killstreak shop containing Overpowered versions of all four airstrikes in GunColony, as well as the GAU-8 cannon as the ultimate reward! Supply gain in this scenario is based on money gain. Contribute to your team’s effort in order to unlock more powerful weapons in your loadout!
This scenario will be available across many maps in a limited-time playlist, and then return to being available on the few maps, replacing the old Overpowered scenario.
ZOMBIE SIEGE CHANGES
The Zombie Siege mode has received a total rework in this update! We wanted to make it more fun to play as the zombies and the wolves, so we gave them the ability to equip Loadouts similar to the new Scenario Mode. There are also custom Shop items available for both Zombies and Wolves!
Both Zombies and Wolves earn 1 Supply per kill and an additional 1 Supply per $500 earned.
Zombies start with 10 Supply and can equip the following items:
- Zombie Slime: primary item exclusive to the Alpha Zombie.
- Zombie Healer: secondary item that allows the zombies to heal but cannot move while doing so.
- Speed Boost: secondary item that increases movement speed by 20% when held.
- Tactical Rock: secondary item that can be thrown at humans to deal damage with unlimited ammo.
- Zombie Leap: secondary item allows the zombie to charge forward or upwards, with a long cooldown.
- Knockback Grenade: knocks back and slightly damages humans. Yes, it actually works now.
- Poison Bomb: poisons nearby humans when it explodes.
- Smoke Grenade: a standard smoke grenade that can be used to block the line of sight of humans.
- Flashbang: a standard flashbang that can be used to blind humans.
- Stun Grenade: an expensive grenade that can be used to slow down the humans’ movement speed. Much smaller radius than the version in Mob-Arena.
- Lightsaber: a very expensive, upgraded melee weapon awarded to the most distinguished zombies by the Lich himself.
- Perks: a variety of perks relevant to Zombies are available, such as Ninja and Bloodthirst.
Zombies can buy the following items in the Shop:
- Medishot: an inexpensive item that provides slow, passive regeneration.
- Health Pack: provides some health and absorption. Somewhat spammable.
- Medikit: provides 10 hearts of health and absorption.
- Speed Powder: increases movement speed greatly for 45 seconds. Expensive to purchase.
- Zombie Bow: a standard Minecraft bow.
- Zombie Arrow: standard Minecraft arrows.
- TAG: highlights humans and is cheap to purchase. Can be useful for finding humans who are hiding.
- Zeus x27: a more potent melee weapon that has only one use.
- Gas Grenade: an expensive grenade that can force humans out of a position.
- Golden Gun: a very expensive weapon that can instantly kill a human with good aim and refund its cost back if you eliminate either a human or wolf with it.
Wolves start with 3 Supply and can equip the following items:
- 4 tiers of Dog Bite melee attacks. Each tier is more expensive but provides an attack rate and movement speed boost and other bonuses.
- Lightsaber: a very expensive melee weapon for the most dedicated zombie-slaying canines.
- Hardcore Weapons: a few hardcore guns are available for wolves that have way too many kills under their belt.
- Speed Boost: a 20% speed boost that is cheaper for wolves than for zombies, but cannot be stacked with the movement bonuses from upgraded melee items.
- Zombie Leap and Zombie Healer: same as the zombie variants, these evil gadgets have been stolen from the infected by seasoned wolves.
- Grenades: an assortment of standard grenades are available for wolves.
- Perks: a variety of perks relevant to Wolves are available, such as Curse and Divine.
Wolves can buy the following items in the Shop:
- Soup: restores 2 hearts.
- Speed Powder: provides a temporary speed boost.
- Airstrikes: all four airstrikes are available. Perhaps a human has trained a wolf to dispatch them at strategic coordinates.
- M202: a wolf firing rockets. Why not?
- Golden Knife: provides extra money on kill but is itself expensive to purchase.
- Quakecraft Gun: become a laser-firing super wolf.
- Reloadable Mini-Nuke: that’s it, you’ve won the game for your fellow Humans…
Other Zombie Siege changes:
- Humans now gain Resistance instead of Regeneration for staying near the human spawn
- This change was made because the human spawn mechanic encouraged camping more than we’d liked
- Humans should now use the Shop to purchase healing items
- Zombies now drop ammo on death, helping humans defend against the stronger Zombie threat
- Humans are encouraged to move around the map more to access ammo drops
- The Alpha Zombie drops twice as much ammo as other zombies
- Zombies no longer have armor and helmet by default and must now equip them in their loadout
- Decreased the price of many single-use items in the human Shop
- The Alpha Zombie’s slimeball attack now deals significantly more impact damage
- With less than 2 minutes remaining, the zombies will get an additional Knockback Grenade upon spawning just like before (except it actually works now)
- Increased the swap speed of Dog Bite
- Increased the price of RBB-451 in the human Shop from $7500 to $10000
- Air strikes no longer display the block crack effect when damaging blocks in Mine-Spades
- This prevents extremely low FPS after an A-10 airstrike or cluster strike is called in during a Mine-Spades match
- The airstrikes can still damage blocks normally; only the block crack effect was removed
- The chance of Zombie Siege maps appearing in the map vote has been increased by 3x for a limited time
- Added a limited-time Overpowered playlist containing a large quantity of Overpowered scenario maps!
- Removed the GroundWar™ limited-time mode
- The Halloween “GhostGulag” scenario has been enabled
- Added the “Flash” particle effect to Flashbangs and Stun Grenades
- Fixed a bug where if a mob failed to spawn in Mob-Arena due to the monster limit, it would count as not yet spawned, leading to excessively long wave timers during high waves in Endless mode
- Fixed a bug where Mob-Arena matches that are not ongoing and belonging to completely empty servers can sometimes show “Wave x – 0 Players” or sometimes a different player count, but upon joining would lead to an empty match
- Fixed a bug where block crack particles by items like the Bandage would display the wrong block
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment