Today’s update adds destructible glass and walls into the game! It also adds beta support for Mob Arena multi-server which is aimed at reducing lag.
We have created a highly automated workflow to edit maps and update the changes to all servers. Maps will be set up on the main server, and with a few commands they will automatically be loaded onto schematics and copied onto all minigame servers (via the file sync system that was added last update).
In the game server, the schematics of maps will be pasted whenever the game starts and ends to ensure that it is always up to date.
Glass and glass panes are now always destructible in PVP maps. Any bullet is more than strong enough to destroy multiple glass blocks and still hit enemies behind them. Stained glass is not destructible by default because they are often used to make decorative windows on inaccessible buildings which we don’t want players to break.
The schematic system above will make sure that any changes to the map are reset whenever a new round starts.
Most PVP maps have been tweaked to have destructible glass windows where appropriate.
CUSTOM DESTRUCTIBLE WALLS
Builders can now add destructible regions within the map where all blocks within them are able to be destroyed.
On Alpine Trench the entire map is destructible as a conceptual test to future gamemodes. The reason we picked Alpine is because the map is mostly open terrain, and that you can use the HK69A1 launcher in scenario mode which we want to try and balance.
MESSAGES AND TOASTS
When an objective is captured, the chat will now list the players who capped the objective. Also, a toast message will be displayed on the top right side of the screen similar to the message that shows when a bomb is planted.
When you unlock or complete a quest, a toast message will now display.
When you earn EXP, you will now receive a “+xxx experience” message as soon as the orange popup on your screen expires for more immediate feedback of how much XP you are earning
The message when joining the server has been tweaked, and the leave message has been disabled, since both gamemodes now run on separate servers from the main lobby and joining them counts as leaving the lobby.
- Minigame servers now do a full update of its data every 10 seconds to the main server rather than 30, which increases reliability of the data that the main server receives
- Joining a game now attempts to join you twice, in case of issues like being kicked for “your player data could not be loaded”
- Capped mob knockback velocity to 40 blocks per second to reduce lag
- Reduced amount of MySQL player data connections per server from 16 to 4 to help with connection problems and slow restart times
- Removed the “teleporting you back to the lobby…” message after PVP as it was unnecessary
- In Competitive Mode you will now receive full experience when you leave early, but your Weapon XP will still be cut in half
- Added “Blocks Broken” stat to /stats
- The PVP and COMP scoreboard entries are now appropriately red and orange color
- Maps that are in the starting lobby now count towards the map count displayed above the Quick Join NPC as well
- The servers now automatically boot when the server machine starts, minimizing downtime in the event that it does occur
- Actually fixed the MA spawning lag glitch (the fix in the last update missed an important part of implementation)
- Fixed a glitch where jumping at the end of the High Gravity skill would throw you very high in the air
- Fixed a major glitch where players’ EXP could be stuck at -1 due to error in MySQL null handling
- Fixed a glitch where manually moving an item into your inventory held item slot did not trigger a weapon swap
- Fixed a glitch where explosions (including molotovs) caused your weapon to swap fire modes
- Fixed a glitch where the difficulty of Mob-Arena matches showed “Unknown” in the GUI menus
- Fixed a glitch where the Quick Join did not correctly pick the best arena to join for the player