In today’s minor update, enjoy a revamped Endless Mob Arena, support for the latest Minecraft version, and various leveling and progression polish.
The Endless mode has been revamped to progress faster.
- There is now a boss every 5 waves instead of 10
- Health of originally high-health bosses is greatly reduced
- Mobs no longer come in massive swarms but rather have better equipment instead. At later waves the amount of mobs will still increase to high levels
- Whether a wave spawns a lot of weak mobs or fewer strong mobs is somewhat up to RNG
MINECRAFT 1.16.3 SUPPORT
- Added support for 1.16.3 clients
LOW PLAYER BONUS
The previous Low Player Bonus was not clearly communicated to players since they wouldn’t receive any indication of the bonus until finishing a match. Also, it was only being applied in Mob-Arena.
Now we have added a brand new Low Player Bonus to replace the old one!
- Triggers when there are at most 5 other players online with you
- You will get a Double XP boost between 15 and 45 mins
- This is the same boost as the Booster Vote Crate, which means that it works in all modes
- The boost will keep working for the full duration even if more players joined in the meantime
- You can get a free boost this way every day
- While in spawn, your current level and experience will be displayed in the Minecraft EXP bar
- Earning experience will now play a smooth animation in the experience bar
- Leveling up will now give you temporary Double XP!
- < level 10: 10 minutes
- level 10-29: 20 minutes
- level 30-49: 30 minutes
- level 50-99: 1 hour
- >= level 100: 3 hours
- Reduced particle amount of Earthquake and Seismic Slam skills, especially on higher difficulty/radius
- Players are no longer automatically marked as AFK
- Previously people could just push AFK players a few blocks to mark them as active 🙂
- Rewrote the XP multiplier system to display any serverwide XP boosts in parentheses after the EXP amount
- (Finally) added a development feature that allows for syncing files between servers. This allows us to update all servers at once much more easily
- Attempted to fix a glitch where finishing off a damaged player in PVP would sometimes register the wrong player as killer
- Fixed a lag issue that has been around since the beginning of GunColony (five years!), where joining or spawning in Mob-Arena would cause a significant lag spike
- Fixed a glitch where players would not be kicked from arenas when an admin reloads Mob-Arena
Headshots will now always penetrate an enemy and hit whatever is behind them!
Bullets now travel through infinite enemies without losing damage on as long as every hit is a headshot. This allows you do insane collats in PVP and attack a line of enemies in Mob-Arena! Note that the bullet will stop when it hits a bodyshot (including mobs that don’t have a head hitbox) unless it is a sniper or DMR.
PER-MAP STAT TRACKING
We are now tracking player stats in each Mob-Arena map:
- Waves Survived
- Best Wave
- Wins (Expert)
Use the Map Selector NPC to see them.
- In the spawn and Mob-Arena we’ve turned off the “hide players behind you” check. It is still enabled in PVP
- The tablist in the server now specifies that the displayed time is in EST
- Buffed the A-10 Airstrike and Mortar Strike in Mob-Arena. They are supposed to be very powerful items!
- Endless wave progression improvements to expedite difficulty scaling at later waves
- After 10 bosses defeated, the difficulty float of mobs will now increase exponentially by 13% per boss instead of linearly
- The probability of Totem of Undying spawning with mobs now increases based on difficulty float
- After 4 bosses defeated, bosses will start spawning sooner after the start of their boss wave
- Increased ram allocation of the main server again to basically max out the main host’s memory as much as possible. Moving Mob-Arena to a separate host is still a priority but meanwhile this should reduce lag spikes
(All of these bugs were from before the update)
- Fixed yet another console exception caused by the player and projectile being in different worlds (not quite console spam this time)
- Fixed a console spam glitch caused by packet events on an offline player
- Fixed a glitch where you could not shoot when looking at the armor stand in King of the Hill and Domination
- Fixed a long-standing glitch where you could not shoot when looking at mobs disguised as a horse, boat, or minecart
- Fixed a glitch where Wither Skeletons and Wolves had lower hitbox height than expected
- Fixed a glitch where the MobArena Expert Wins stat did not track properly
- Fixed a glitch where the Shooting Range was not saving data properly, allowing players to shoot the targets again every minute
- Fixed a glitch where the M202 rocket launcher did not explode at close distance
- Fixed a glitch where the RPG-7 and M202 in Mob-Arena were doing less damage than intended