Today we have released a new update that includes improvements to the gunplay and various other aspects of the game. Let’s dig in!
We have improved the semi-automatic fire mode by increasing the predictability of your shots when firing slowly.
- In semi-auto mode, the recoil now recovers back to the starting position faster after firing
- The random jump of your aim direction when firing is now much lower when not spraying, but slightly higher when spraying
- The algorithm used to calculate spraying penalties has been adjusted so that it no longer favors having a high rate of fire
These changes aims to balance the long range meta so that semi-automatic and burst weapons are preferred, while in close range spray-and-pray remains the better option.
Additionally we have done many balance changes to all weapon categories:
- Armor penetration and block penetration are now identical between weapons with the same caliber
- 5.56x45mm weapons now have increased damage at close quarters but sharper damage dropoff to simulate fragmenting rounds
- Assault rifles of 5.56mm or similar caliber now have increased backup ammo to ~120 rounds (some magazine modifications might now have inconsistent backup ammo; we will fix them in the next update)
- SMGs now have increased damage but reduced block penetration
- Many SMGs have increased price
- Medium machine guns in general have received a damage buff to match rifles of the same caliber
- Battle rifles have increased block penetration to match snipers, but less backup ammo
- Many weapon-specific balance changes were made
- There are too many to list but notably the MG3 ammo capacity has been reduced to 50 rounds
NEW PVP PLAYLIST
Added Domination and King of the Hill layouts to many more maps, including Normandy, St. Marc, Shipment, etc.
ZOMBIE SIEGE IMPROVEMENTS
- One zombie is now the Alpha Zombie. The Alpha Zombie has 5 rows of hearts instead of 3, and can use a ranged attack similar to the bouncy slimeball in Mob-Arena.
- Zombies now have Speed I
- Wolves now use the Dog Bite as their weapon, which is weaker than the knife because it can not backstab
- Wolves now have Jump Boost I
- Wolves now properly have a small hitbox to weapons
- This means that they are harder for zombies to hit, and less likely to block humans’ bullets
- Humans can now buy weapons anywhere
- Humans and Wolves now gain regeneration I when near spawn, but the passive regen has been removed otherwise (zombies still have passive regen)
- Humans now have access to a different grenade selection that is more useful against zombies
- The helmet was previously useless; it has been removed and replaced with Medishot (allows healing outside spawn)
- Reward for killing a zombie has been reduced: it now earns you $1,500 for knife, $500 for most weapons, and $250 for LMGs and Shotguns.
- Humans now earn $500 for surviving every minute.
AUTO AFK KICK
Players who are AFK in PVP will now be auto-kicked after 3 minutes.
- Moving or turning your view significantly will mark you as active
- The anti AFK system is designed in a way where teleporting and being pushed around won’t easily mark the player as active.
- Anti AFK methods including mods/scripts are not allowed
We have improved Mob-Arena loot to reduce occurrences of players’ inventory being filled up completely with healing items, alongside other balance changes,
- Health Packs are now rarer, but give 2 absorption hearts in addition to the normal healing
- Medishots are now much rarer, but give Regeneration II instead of I for a total regen of 10 hearts
- SouthSeaForce nuke has been replaced by a mortar strike
- You can now get a Nuke when you spawn if you use Nylon 66. Is it really worth it?
- Enchanted bows on skeletons are now at most Power II (except randomized ones)
- Enchanted bows in Endless now properly have Power I instead of Sharpness I
- Spiders and Cave Spiders now drop impact grenades in addition to stuns
- In Juggernaut mode, when a player dies by suicide or from the environment, they will no longer be able to become Juggernaut
- The PVP spectate command (/ua spectate) can now be used without specifying an arena to spectate the current arena that you’re in
- Players spectating an arena will no longer be moved to the lobby automatically
- The PVP spectate command is now available to Level 90+ players and all donators, so hackers can be caught without staff online. It is not allowed to abuse this command to ghost for other players.
- Removed Muzzle Boost from FMG-9 since it would bring the gun above 1200 RPM which would be useless, similar to the Vector
- Fixed a glitch where the knockback code throws an error when damaging an enemy straight up/down
- Fixed a glitch where in MA Endless Mode, boss minions do not spawn besides those summoned by a boss skill
- Fixed a glitch where in Zombie Siege the game does not end even if an entire team leaves
- Fixed a long-standing glitch where at long range, bullet block impact particles weren’t being played consistently
- Fixed a glitch where cave spiders in Mob-Arena didn’t have any drops