This is the first time in years where new PVP gamemodes have been added to GunColony!
Five of our new gamemodes go to a brand-new Arcade lobby, which replaces Versus and is great for passing time. Two more modes are available in the Veteran PVP lobby where you can duke it out to see who is the best team.
In addition, Mob-Arena has been improved with a better respawn system and more drops, while experience tokens have been added to make Arcade more rewarding in terms of Weapon XP.
With all the new gamemodes and rewards, there is no better time to be playing GunColony than now! Jump in with some friends and have some fun!
ARCADE PVP LOBBY
The Versus lobby has been updated into the Arcade PVP lobby!
Experience gained in this lobby is now the same as in Veteran PVP, and the new gamemodes are great fun for both casual and experienced players.
- Juggernauts (NEW): One player on each team is the Juggernaut! Destroy the enemy juggernaut to score 5 kills. A new player will become the juggernaut once the last juggernaut dies.
- Kill Confirmed (NEW): Players will drop dog tags on death! Pick up an enemy tag to score a point; pick up friendly tags to stop the enemies from getting them. The team with the most points wins!
- Hunters (NEW): A random type of mob spawns around the map; it can either be friendly or very dangerous! Kill the most combined mobs and players to win. Available in both team and FFA modes.
- Zombie Siege (NEW): The blue team is the Humans and the red team is the Zombies! The humans must survive for 5 minutes and use the money they earned from killing zombies to buy more guns and ammo. When a human dies, they respawn as a wolf to help defend humans. Zombies must kill all humans within 5 minutes to win.
- One in the Chamber (NEW): Each player spawns with a golden gun and one bullet. Kill a player to get another bullet! If you run out of ammo, you’ll have to use the knife.
- Arms Race
- Scenarios: Many more scenarios have been added!
VETERAN PVP LOBBY
The PVP lobby has been renamed into the Veteran PVP lobby! Here are the six available modes:
- Domination (NEW): There are 2-4 objectives around the map. Capture the objectives to start scoring points for your team! Kills also count as a point. First to 300 points wins.
- King of the Hill (NEW): Capture the hill at the center of the map to tick down your team’s timer. The first team to hold the hill for a cumulative 4 minutes wins.
- Team Deathmatch
- TDM Random Spawns
- Free For All
- Scenarios: Many more scenarios have been added!
The competitive lobby stays the same, but now it will be the only lobby where Demolition is playable. All three lobbies now have completely distinct gamemodes!
MOB-ARENA DEATHS AND RESPAWNS
Deaths in Mob-Arena now make more “sense”!
- When you die, you will drop all items that did not come with your starting kit
- This also means that starting kit items no longer stack with other items
- When you die, a fast zombie will spawn where you died
Respawning have also been improved so that on average you will respawn faster, but as a team you can still lose if you aren’t careful!
- The respawn wait time is now always 100 seconds, and expressed as a percentage
- Previously this was 120 seconds in a regular wave (with the opportunity to speed it up) and 90 seconds in boss waves (with no opportunity to speed up)
- Killing any mob, including regular mobs and boss minions, will reduce the respawn delay of a random dead player by 1 second
- This means that the less dead players there are relative to alive players, the faster they can respawn. Stay alive at all costs to avoid adding to your team’s burden!
NEW MOB-ARENA DROPS
Different mobs now drop different items in Mob-Arena! This helps keep the gameplay unique between maps.
- Zombies, Llamas, Bats: the basics – molotov, frag grenades, bandages
- Skeletons, Wolves, Silverfish, Endermites, Killer Rabbits: all types of healing
- Creepers, Vexes: all grenades
- Pigmen: grenades and incendiaries
- Evokers, Vindicators, Witches: rocket launchers
- Ghasts: rocket launchers and regeneration syringes
- Powered Creepers, Guardians: launch-able lightning bolt
- Spiders, Cave Spiders: stun grenades
- Slimes, Magmacubes: lots of throwable slimeballs (also buffed compared to before)
- Withers: guaranteed to drop a mini-nuke. The longer you farm withers, the easier valvo plz nerf★ will be
Rare drops from all mobs (drop rates increased):
- Mortar Strikes
- A-10 Strikes
- Gas Grenades
NEW WEAPON TOOLTIP
We no longer display Pros and Cons for each weapon since they are sometimes inaccurate. Instead, we now show a few key stats to allow you to see what to expect from a weapon at a glance:
They react to modifications too:
New Experience Tokens are coming to GunColony, where you can play Scenario Mode and Arcade Mode to earn XP for any of your weapons.
- Using weapons that you do not own will give you Experience Tokens instead of regular experience
- For weapons that have a defined category like Rifles, you will gain 50% of the normal experience. You can choose to redeem it onto any weapon of the same category as the one you used.
- For Special Weapons and weapons that do not have a defined category, you will gain 30% of the normal experience, and you are able to redeem it on any weapon in the game.
- This works on grenades, knife, gamemode weapons, and ground weapons that you don’t own
NEW WEAPON REMODELS
We have added brand new weapon models for the M16A2, M16A1, Five-SeveN, M1919A4, MP7, Sterling, and the scenario weapon M1915 Villar Perosa.
NEW DATABASE SYSTEM FOLLOW-UP
- Item IDs are now stored as UUID’s instead of integers
- This means that we no longer need an internal counter to create unique IDs, meaning that multiple servers can now create new items at the same time with negligible risk of ID collision
- Newbies now have Grease Gun and P2000 equipped in their MobArena loadout by default, instead of nothing
- Weapons that you do not have in your inventory, such as Knife or a weapon you do not own in Arcade, will no longer have a level
- They previously displayed as Level 1
- Picked up weapons owned by someone else will of course still have their normal level displayed
- In inventory menus, the dark gray “Item ID” tooltip under inventory item is now hidden
- Locked items in GUIs are now displayed as a lock icon instead of stone button
- The website homepage now has new featured guns
- The website homepage now has a link to Discord
- Added RPK-12 to Arms Race list of LMGs
- Fixed numerous bugs with new player experience gain, experience saving, etc.
- Fixed a glitch where if a player joined a Mob-Arena from the very beginning, the first time they die and respawn would show the wrong respawn message
- Fixed a glitch where viewing stats in the weapon modification menu does not work
- Fixed a glitch where the “[R-Click] Upgrade Weapon” tooltip was grayed out for max level weapons (did not impact functionality)