In this jumbo-sized quality of life update, we have added new experience rewards to all gamemodes as well as a new way to display them. Additionally, we have improved the quality of game messages and made all gun sounds much more realistic and audible from further away.
GAME UI CHANGES
- The total EXP earned from all recent actions (damage, kills, etc) is now shown on screen
- This applies to all gamemodes including Mob-Arena
- The boss bar no longer shows the XP earned by each individual award
- The boss bar now shows the precise amount of damage dealt to enemies
MOB-ARENA REWARD CHANGES
- XP from points (mob damage) has been reduced to 1 XP per 500 points (from 1 XP per 400 points)
- Increased XP from boss minions (now gives 40% of a normal mob’s XP instead of 25%)
- Added XP from killing a mob regardless of mob health
- This addition is especially noticeable for swarmy mobs with low HP
- Doubled weapon XP gain in Mob-Arena from x0.2 to x0.4 of player XP
- Halved the percentage of extra weapon XP you gain from the Low Player Bonus
- This means that the total amount of XP you gain from the bonus is the same as before
NEW PVP AWARDS
Note: some secret kill awards are intended as a surprise and are not listed below.
PVP + Comp
- Headshot (+10XP): kill an enemy by a shot to the head.
- Wallbang (+10XP): kill an enemy through a piece of cover or another player.
- Revenge (+20XP in PVP, +40XP in Comp): kill the enemy who last killed you.
- Knife Kill (+20XP): kill an enemy with a knife.
- Grenade Kill (+20XP): kill an enemy with a grenade.
- Savior Kill (+10XP in PVP, +30XP in Comp): kill an enemy who has damaged a teammate, but hasn’t killed anyone nor damaged you in the last 3 seconds
- Point Blank (+10XP in PVP, +20XP in Comp): kill an enemy from less than 2m away.
- Longshot (+10XP in PVP, +20XP in Comp): kill an enemy from 50-99m away.
- Marksman (+15XP in PVP, +30XP in Comp): kill an enemy from 100-199m away. The distance will be shown in your boss bar.
- Sniper (+20XP in PVP, +40XP in Comp): kill an enemy from more than 200m away. The distance will be shown in your boss bar.
- Killstreak (+10XP for double kill, 5 more for each additional kill up to 60): kill 2 or more enemies without dying, and each kill must be within 5 seconds of the last kill.
- Dominating (+20XP): kill the same enemy five times in a row without them killing you once.
- Nemesis Kill (+60XP): kill an enemy dominating you.
Kill awards have been increased to 50XP in Elimination, 60XP in Demolition, and 80XP in Defusal
- Killstreak (+20XP for triple kill, 10 more for each additional kill up to 100): kill 3 or more enemies in a single round.
- Bomb Planted (+50XP): plant the bomb.
- Bomb Defused (+100XP): defuse the bomb.
NEW SOUND SYSTEM
- Sound attenuation has been tweaked to behave more realistically. Instead of volume dropping off linearly over distance, it now drops off close to quadratically (higher dropoff exponent for louder sounds).
- This approximates the real life inverse square law much better than before while still allowing the sound to end at a finite distance
- Gun and grenade sound effects now respect the speed of sound when at a distance above 34m
- This means that you will be hit by a long ranged shot before hearing it
- Sound effects can now be heard from much further away
- Suppressed weapons are no longer Hollywood quiet and can be heard from up to 60-75m away
- Other weapons and explosions can be heard from 250-400m away
- The transition between the close range and distant sound effects is now much smoother and no longer has a volume spike
- “Stereo” dual sound effects such as the one used by the ZH-29 are now played at a more frontal angle to prevent them from sounding too strange on surround sound setups
- The killer notification when you die now shows gun level in the format of “Lv.1 M4A4” instead of “L. 1 M4A4”
- Weapons in the inventory now show gun level in the format of “Lv.1 M4A4” instead of “Level 1 M4A4”
- Weapons in the inventory now show their category in the lore (e.g. “Submachine Gun”)
- The boss ability message has been simplified to be shorter and not block your screen as much
- Removed the useless “hurry up and join the lobby arena” message
- When you have no weapon, the map or paper item now shows e.g. “No Primary Weapon” instead of “Primary Weapon”
- The name hasn’t been changed in the Mob-Arena pregame lobby to prevent misleading players into thinking that they have no weapon, when in fact they will receive one normally once the game starts
- Weapons with unlimited ammo now display the infinity symbol for backup ammo, instead of “Unlimited”
- If you die in PVP without a primary weapon, the game will now remind you to buy one in the shop
- This only happens a maximum 3 times during one PVP match
MINECRAFT 1.15.2 SUPPORT
- Updated BungeeCord and updated upstream on the custom fork of ViaVersion plugin to add 1.15.2 support
- EXP required to earn a crate has been increased by 25% to ensure that players earn the same amount of crates after this experience buf
- Premium XP boost now shows the percentage of boost in the boss bar after a PVP match
- Grenades can now collide with blocks outside arena boundaries, so you can now use walls outside the map to bounce them (thanks Arhippa)
- Fixed a bug where picking up grenades when aiming down sights makes them appear as iron tools (thanks Rijam)
- Fixed a bug where opening a crate removes your inventory filters, causing you to go to the inventory when opening a crate from the Crates NPC (thanks Rijam)
- Fixed killstreak items disappearing when obtaining a new item in Arms Race (thanks pale1)
- Fixed molotov and incendiary grenades lacking a distant detonation sound due to a typo
- Fixed a glitch where the M4A1-S had a different recoil pattern after taking off the suppressor
- Fixed a glitch where the M4A4 and M16A1 unsilenced did not have a distant sound
- Reflecting a fireball to a ghast now only deals 75 damage instead of thousands (it’s still quite worth doing)