2019 has been a great year for GunColony- thank you all for playing on the server this year! We have prepared three new maps and many UI/UX improvements in our new Winter Update. Happy Holiday!
NEW MAP: KILLHOUSE
This map is inspired by Killhouse in COD4 and COD Mobile. Partake in tight CQB gunplay and practice your grenade throwing skills in this small yet open killing fest. Available in TDM, Arms Race, and Elimination.
NEW MAP: AGENCY
An indoors CQB map from CS:GO, Agency is full of tight corners, sneaky bushes and verticality. While moving through any open corridor, always keep an eye on enemies preying on you from above. Available in TDM and Arms Race.
REMASTERED MAP: TRAIN
Train has received a complete remaster with more accurate dimensions and improved visuals. Check out this map in TDM and Defusal. A ShortTrain version is also available for Demolition.
WEAPON INVENTORY GUI
This new GUI will allow you to view all weapons in the game, whether or not you have them unlocked. You can filter for weapon category and ammo caliber to find a weapon faster, and currently equipped weapons will be marked with an enchantment glint.
Access this GUI with /gun or /guns, or via the new updated Gun Inventory NPC at spawn.
IMPROVED WEAPON TOOLTIPS
These new tooltips will show for weapon items in both the new Weapon Inventory and the old Inventory screen.
- Added detailed weapon type, such as “Suppressed SMG” or “Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle”
- Updated display format of weapon level and XP
- Added weapon caliber type, such as “5.56x45mm NATO”
- Added new list of Pros and Cons for each weapon so that new players can know at a glimpse what to expect
- You can now earn Tokens when leveling up
- Save up tokens now to buy cool stuff when we add a Shop soon!
- Crates will no longer grant weapons that you have not unlocked
- Now they only grant XP to existing weapons
- This is a stopgap feature – most type of crates will be removed in a future update in favor of increasing Weapon XP gain rate and direct item rewards after a match. For the holidays, though, enjoy the ability to earn both Crates and Tokens from playing!
- The Special Vote Crate still has a 20% chance to ignore unlocks and give any weapon in the game, which has not been changed
- Tech Trees have been simplified to only contain closely related weapons
- When you level up a weapon in the Tech Tree you now immediately unlock the next weapon instead of having to unlock it in a crate
- The [R-Click] tooltip for weapons has been changed to “Modify Weapon” instead of “Upgrade Weapon”
- The test server’s restart message is now different from the main server in discord #server-chat to prevent confusion
- Internal refactoring to for allow dynamic registration of inventory item filters instead of them being hard-coded
- Compound filters are also supported, allowing the filtering of items that meet any or none of a list of criteria
- Fixed a typo in the message shown when trying to equip a modification when you already have the max number equipped