This early summer update overhauls our grenade system, allowing you to purchase grenades in gameplay while also make them more effective with new bouncing mechanics and damage reworks. There are three new COD-inspired maps and many new weapon remodels, which coupled with new PVP playlist changes help the game stay fresh. Finally, we have implemented some long-due improvements to Competitive and new killstreak rewards to PVP, helping to make the two gamemodes feel different and each rewarding in its own way.
- Grenades now have less drag for a straighter trajectory in the air.
- Grenades can now travel through barriers.
- Grenades can now bounce off surfaces (blocks and entities).
- Added Smoke Grenade ($300), Incendiary Grenade ($450), Molotov Cocktail ($400), and Decoy Grenade ($50).
- The smoke grenade has a 2 second fuse and creates a smoke screen that obstructs vision.
- The incendiary grenade has a 2 second fuse and burns, dealing high damage over a medium area.
- The molotov cocktail detonates on impact (if it does not impact anything it will detonate after 4 seconds). It deals medium damage over a large area.
- The decoy grenade has a 2 second fuse and creates loud gun sounds, helpful for masking your movement or confusing enemies.
- In PVP mode, you can choose 1 grenade from the following: HE Grenade, Flashbang, and Decoy Grenade.
- Grenades cost twice as much as normal in PVP mode.
- Your grenade of choice will be given every respawn.
- Although you can only equip 1 grenade at a time, you can pick up grenades from the ground or gain more through killstreaks.
- In Competitive mode, you can choose up to 4 grenades from the following: HE Grenade, Flashbang, Smoke Grenade, Molotov Cocktail, and Decoy Grenade.
- However, if you are a CT in Defusal Mode or Demolition Mode, Molotov Cocktail will be replaced with Incendiary Grenade.
- You can only own one grenade of each type at a time, except Flashbangs which you can own two.
- If you die, you will drop the grenade in the leftmost slot.
3 NEW MAPS
All three new maps are available in TDM, TDM Random Spawns, and FFA modes.
A COD map with a tight three-lane layout, great for CQB and mid-range weapons.
A PVP map stationed inside a warehouse. It has an open layout but lots of cover and verticality.
A COD map set in an airport terminal. It has an open outdoor area as well as a unique indoor layout with many penetrable objects.
NEW WEAPON MODELS
Updated the look of the following weapons:
- CheyTac M200
- Double Barrel
- XD (minor update to suppressor)
PVP PLAYLIST REWORK
- Reworked the PVP playlist to remove some unfitting maps for each gamemode. For example, some CS:GO maps have been removed from Team Deathmatch but are still available in TDM Random Spawns.
- Moved Elimination mode from the PVP playlist to the Competitive playlist.
- Removed the Practice mode from the Competitive playlist.
We have redesigned the PVP mode’s killstreak rewards, which now include healing items and the new wide assortment of grenades.
2 Kills: Health Pack
4 Kills: Frag Grenade
6 Kills: Incendiary Grenade
8 Kills: Medishot
10 Kills: Smoke Grenade
12 Kills: Health Pack
14 Kills: Molotov Cocktail
16 Kills: Medishot
18 Kills: Flashbang
20 Kills: Health Pack
25 Kills: Mini-Nuke
The flamethrower has been reworked to be more realistic. It can fill a room with highly lethal flames without exposing the user, but is inefficient in direct encounters.
- The range is now limited to 25 blocks, and damage drops off significantly over distance
- Accuracy has been significantly reduced
- Bullets travel slowly, ricochet on blocks (glancing collisions have 100% chance of ricochet) and pierce through enemies
- Now sets enemies on fire for 1 full heart of extra damage
- Rate of fire increased, damage per shot decreased
- Now has 150 rounds but no backup ammo in PvP
- Reload speed reduced in Mob-Arena
- Explosions now use the correct hitbox for partial blocks such as slabs. This prevents grenades from doing too little or no damage when they explode on top of slabs.
- Explosions now take account of the depth of the penetration through a block, not just the type of the block it penetrates.
- All solid blocks (even ones that do not block other explosives very well) are now much more effective at obstructing the Flashbang’s effect.
- Reduced the penetration value of the Frag Grenade. HE Grenade remains unchanged, and is now 2.5x as effective as the Frag Grenade at penetrating cover.
- The bomb has been moved to the 8th inventory slot (same slot as defuse kit) to make room for grenades.
- When a player dies with the bomb, a different message will now be displayed than if the player dropped the bomb voluntarily.
- When a player dies with the bomb, CTs will now also be notified of the bomb drop, but not the location of the drop. (Voluntary drops will not notify CTs)
- When a player picks up the bomb, their teammates will now be notified.
- The HK69A1 grenade launcher can now shoot through barriers like throwable grenades can.
- The HK69A1 grenade launcher now has the realistic bullet velocity of 75 m/s.
- Support for Minecraft 1.14.3 clients.
- The Mob-Arena now starts faster. The map vote now lasts 30 seconds instead of 60.
- Fixed an issue where CTs could move the Defuse Kit around in their inventory.
- Fixed an issue where knife left click attacks and Model 1912 melee attacks sometimes displayed the wrong kill icon.
- Fixed an issue where grenades in the fifth hotbar slot were removed when a round ends.
- Enlarged spawn with new NPC positions.
- Added an NPC with voting links.
- Added NPCs with website, twitter, and discord links.
- Added some of the new weapon models to NPCs to showcase them.
- Fixed an issue where the Knife’s left click attack did no damage.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to pick up Frag Grenades in Mob-Arena.
- Fixed an issue where the scenario weapon Klobb’s recoil did not reset properly.
- Fixed an issue where the most recent optimization (time limit) to the anti-xray system did not function properly, causing lag with high player counts.
- Fixed an issue where admins could not properly check the status of the anti-xray system.
- Fixed an issue where a single misplaced parenthesis in my code was causing level up rewards to not be given to players.
- Optimized bullet ricochet logic.
- Greatly optimized bullet and grenade collision logic against blocks and entities by caching the inverse vector in multiple AABB-ray collisions. This reduces overall server stress when lots of bullets are fired at once.
- Added Incendiary Grenades and Molotovs as rare mob drops in Mob-Arena. Both types of grenades have a 0.6% drop chance.
- Temporarily removed Raid from the Free For All playlist while we investigate a map border issue.