Today we have rolled out a couple more fixes, and reworked the modification menu and weapon stats command. Since we have fixed the damage dropoff over distance of shotguns, we are also rebalancing them so they are still relevant.
NEW MODIFICATION MENU
The new modification menu allows you to view currently equipped modifications at a glance, and gives you an option to filter available modifications by type. Now you can modify your weapon much more easily!
NEW WEAPON STATISTICS VIEWER
We have revamped the weapon stats command display. Now it offers a much more detailed overview of the weapon statistics:
- Weapon damage at a set of distances
- Weapon damage at a set of distances against armored targets
- Number of pellets fired in a shot, and the spread between pellets, only shown for shotguns and AF2011
- Base spread, spread increase when firing, and how fast the additional spread recovers
- Movement speed, movement and jumping penalty
- Swap and reload speed
- Magazine size and backup ammo
There are still a few statistics that aren’t currently covered in this menu, such as the scoped accuracy and how fast the weapon becomes accurate after you stop moving. We will try to improve it soon and bring in more information.
We have fixed a couple more bugs in the server.
- Fixed an issue where all weapons besides Rifles and SMGs had no damage falloff over distance. Damage output of weapons are as intended now – the M24, and modded SVD/SSG08, will no longer one hit kill from long distances, and shotgun damage will properly drop off over range.
- Fixed an issue where the Laser Sight’s swap time penalty had no effect.
Since we fixed the damage dropoff of weapons, we have also reduced the damage dropoff rate of all shotguns, so they are still effective at a range. In addition, we have reduced the base cone (spread between pellets) of most shotguns, so their damage output will be more consistent and remain significant to a longer distance.