As spring approaches, GunColony’s weaponry has gotten yet more diverse! This update aims to continue our efforts to return weapons in a rebalanced state while adding caliber-specific ammo modifications.
We have also cleaned up some bugs from January’s update.
An integrally suppressed weapon firing subsonic .300 BLK ammunition. It is significantly less powerful than the AS Val, but is cheaper and has a larger magazine and greater hipfire accuracy. It can be modified to fire supersonic ammunition instead, or equip two new unique ammo modifications for the .300 BLK caliber.
A unique rifle with a 3-round hyperburst functionality. It has a high magazine size and additional backup ammo thanks to its lightweight caseless ammunition. Low rate of fire hinders effectiveness at close ranges. It has no special ammo modifications.
A sporting rifle firing .22 Long Rifle. It is very weak but has a very low recoil. As a Hardcore weapon, it costs very low Supply and gives bonus XP on kill!
Submachine gun firing the 9x39mm subsonic caliber. It is more effective against armored opponents than other SMGs, but has a relatively high supply cost and recoil. It can now be modified with four new unique ammo types.
A light machine gun used by France during World War I. It has been designed for “marching fire”, resulting in a high hipfire accuracy. It has a low rate of fire of 240 RPM, but can defeat enemies in one headshot. It can now also be converted to the 7.65x53mm caliber.
A powerful sniper rifle firing the .338 Lapua Magnum round, similarly to the AWM. It has a slow bolting speed and high sway but aims down sight the fastest out of all heavy sniper rifles, as well as having the best mobility.
A short double-barrel shotgun that can be equipped in the secondary slot. It is a very effective close-quarters weapon but is severely limited in effective range. It does not provide any bonus kill award, unlike other shotguns.
NEW AMMO MODIFICATIONS
New ammo modifications have been added to many calibers.
- Meme Ammo
.300 BLK Subsonic (Honey Badger)
- .300 Whisper
- Hornady HP Ammo
9x39mm (AS Val, SR-3M)
- 7N12 Ammo
- SPP Sniper Ammo
- SP-5UZ +P Ammo
- 7N9 AP Ammo
.300 Winchester Magnum (WA2000)
- Factory Light Ammo
- Mk.248 MOD1 HP Ammo
- M2 AP Ammo
.338 Lapua Magnum (AWM, M24A3)
- Lapua Scenar Ammo
- MatchKing HP Ammo
.408 CheyTac (CheyTac M200)
- Factory Heavy Ammo
- CheyCorey AP Ammo
8x50mm Lebel (M1915 CSRG)
- 7.65x53mm Mauser Conversion
WEAPON BALANCE CHANGES
We have decided to slightly nerf some “meta” weapons to give other weapons some love in the game. In particular, several 5.45x39mm weapons have received a supply cost increase to reflect their deadliness in battle. You may need to reconfigure your PVP loadouts due to this change!
- AK-74M: increased price $2400 -> $2600
- AN-94: increased price $2800 -> $3200
- AKS-74u: increased price $2200 -> $2400; reduced movement speed 98% -> 96%
- Mk18 CQBR: reduced ADS speed 150ms -> 175ms; increased idle sway 1.1 -> 1.2; increased movement speed 94% -> 95%
- TMP: increased hipfire spread 1.85 -> 2.25
- SPAS-12: decreased reload speed per bullet 0.45s -> 0.5s
- M40A1: increased damage range; decreased reload speed per bullet 0.55s -> 0.7s
- M1911: decreased spread per shot 1.3 -> 1.1
MODIFICATION BALANCE CHANGES
- Heavy Ammo: now increases Damage Range by 20% instead of 15%
- Supersonic Ammo (Honey Badger): added penalty to Recoil Control and Recoil Stabilization by 20%; now increases Damage Range by 25% instead of 10%
- 7N10 AP Ammo (5.45x39mm): now penalizes Recoil Control by 20% instead of 15%; now penalizes Recoil Stabilization by 25% instead of 20%
- 7N24 AP Ammo (5.45x39mm): now penalizes Recoil Control by 30% instead of 20%
- 7.62x51mm NATO Conversion (AWM): now decreases damage by 25% instead of 10% (requires chest hit for one-shot-kill); now decreases recoil/flinch by 40% instead of 20%; now decreases weapon price by 1 Supply
PERK BALANCE CHANGES
You may need to reconfigure your PVP loadouts due to these perk price changes!
- Ninja (Perk 2): Supply cost decreased from 4 to 3
- Dragonskin (Perk 2): Supply cost decreased from 5 to 4
- Point Shooting (Perk 2): Supply cost increased from 3 to 5
- The maximum player count of Villa KOTH has been increased from 8 to 10
- Significantly improved the performance of the BlockStore
- The usage of HashMap has been eliminated in favor of nested arrays for storing loaded chunks in the world
- Getting a chunk in the BlockStore now only requires up to 3 array accesses, rather than a HashMap call (getting a block’s data requires up to 5 array accesses in total)
- The optimization leads to much faster anti-xray and somewhat faster gun projectile calculations
- Fixed an exploit that allowed wolves to equip guns in Zombie Siege
- Fixed an exploit that allowed wolves to leave the arena and join again to become a human
- Mini-Nuke will no longer be dropped upon death with the Grenadier perk
- You can still drop infinite airstrikes because it’s funny
- Please use in moderation
- IF YOU KEEP EXPLOITING THE AIRSTRIKES THEY WILL BE REMOVED TOO
- Fixed a bug where people could grief the spawn of certain MobArena maps
- Also fixed damage already in the Shoots map (please tell me in Discord if I missed any other maps)
- Fixed a bug where people could edit item frames, containers, and armor stands in PVP maps (outside Mine-Spades)
- Players can still use buttons, levers, pressure plates, note blocks, and a few other blocks
- Fixed a bug where weapons that reload individually could fire and reload at the same time, leading to higher rate of fire than intended
- Fixed a bug where the 5.56mm NATO Conversion for the SC-2010 unintentionally increased armor penetration
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment