In today’s update we are adding a new Halloween Mob-Arena map, Plateau! Complete the quest objectives to get yourself an exclusive Mac-10 skin. Additionally we have added the ability to have Free For All matches on any map, a rework of footstep audio, and some staff moderation improvements.
NEW MOB-ARENA MAP: PLATEAU
Plateau is the main Halloween Mob-Arena map of the update. Defend the Fuel Technician from a relentless pillager attack assisted by various horrors of Halloween!
This is a very challenging map, especially on Expert difficulty. However, one silver lining is that most mobs will spawn just outside the map, making Plateau the second map to have this mechanic after Signal Hill.
The Fuel Technician has 50 max HP, and if he hasn’t been damaged in a while, he can regenerate health. If he dies, your team loses!
This map also contains some goofier mobs, such as Ghasts riding another Ghast.
We have added the Mac-10 | Halloween skin. Complete 1031 Mob-Arena kills in any map, survive 60 waves in Plateau, and beat Plateau once to obtain this skin.
This event is guaranteed to be the best way to get this seasonal skin! Our policy on seasonal skins is that they may or may not appear again in the future after the first time they’re introduced, but if they do reappear it will always be much harder to get than the first time. (Also, you can get multiple of a skin from multiple events.)
New Mob-Arena maps released from now on can contain mobs that you have to defend.
- Villagers: You have to defend a stationary villager throughout the match. You will lose if the villager dies!
- Friendly mobs: These mobs will help you fend off monsters. If they die, the game will be much harder!
- Damage reflecting mobs: When these friendly mobs take damage, they will pass some or all of the damage to every player in the match! Protect them at all costs for your own safety!
BOSS SKILL CHANGES
- The damage of the Wall skill has been increased and now scales with difficulty
- Seismic Slam skill changes
- Damage is greatly increased and now scales with difficulty
- Radius no longer increases based on difficulty
- There is now a particle trail while the boss is midair so it is clearer that the boss is using the skill
- There is now a warning time before the boss jumps, which decreases at higher difficulty
- Wall has been renamed to Moving Wall
In addition, changed the following boss skills so that they affect mobs as well as players: (This includes friendly and hostile mobs)
- Wall of Frost
- Wall of Blindness
- Trump Wall
- Low Gravity
- Fire Aura
- Shock Aura
Note that the following skills still only affect players despite being AOE effects:
- Throw Nearby, Fetch Nearby etc.
- Lightning Aura
Soft-capped the amount of TNTs thrown by the Nuke skill
- Amount of TNTs in Expert mode reduced from 24 to 20
- In endless, once the amount of TNTs reaches over 30, the rate at which the amount grows is reduced by 80%
MOB ARENA AI CHANGES
- Every second, mobs now have a random chance of switching targets to the closest player
- If there are any villagers in the map, Zombies may decide to go after them if they are closer than any player
FOOTSTEP AUDIO CHANGES
We have modified how footstep audio works. Note that this only affects the footsteps of other players and not mobs.
- Sneaking is now completely silent
- Walking can be heard up to 12 blocks instead of 16
- Within ~10 blocks however, the sound is a little louder than before
- Sprinting can still be heard up to 16 blocks and is louder than walking
- Sprint jumping produces the loudest sound and can be heard up to 16 blocks
- Switched back to the BanManager plugin to handle punishments
- All punishments are now public at guncolony.com/bans
- Staff can now check the alts of players again
- Improved the colored chat prefixes shown when someone is in a different server as you
- The server tagline has been changed to “The Original Minecraft 3D Shooter” to be more concise
- FFA matches can now be created on TDM maps, this means that we only have to define one PVP map for it to work on all gamemodes
- Removed essentials “/back on death” message for staff members that have the permission
- Actually fixed dropping items in MineSpades