We have made big changes to our weapons today, including a secondary weapon balancing pass, an improvement to the sway system that should allow better bursting accuracy, and all new weapon & grenade visuals.
HANDGUN BALANCE UPDATE
It is finally time to rework our secondary weapons! Pistol and revolvers have received more realistic damage and substantial recoil to make them more skillful and rewarding to use.
*Base recoil = recoil of the first shot
*Additional recoil = extra recoil given on top of base recoil in consecutive shots after the first
- USP: damage 36 -> 35, armor penetration 50 -> 54, +200% base vertical recoil, +50% base horizontal recoil, increased recoil recovery, reload speed 2.15s -> 1.95s
- P2000: now acts like a proper 9mm pistol as opposed to .45. Damage 36 -> 31, armor penetration 50 -> 59, bullet velocity 340 -> 410 m/s, +130% base vertical recoil, +50% base horizontal recoil, increased recoil recovery
- Glock-18: damage 30 -> 27, armor penetration 47 -> 58, +100% base vertical recoil, +50% base horizontal recoil, increased recoil recovery, burst mode no longer increases recoil
- XD: damage 30 -> 27, armor penetration 47 -> 59, +100% base vertical recoil, +40% base horizontal recoil, increased recoil recovery
- P250: +130% base vertical recoil, +50% base horizontal recoil, greatly increased additional horizontal recoil, -11% block penetration
- Five-SeveN: damage 32 -> 29, +100% base vertical recoil, reduced additional vertical recoil
- CZ75-Auto: damage 35 -> 33, armor penetration 77.65 -> 68.65, increased recoil of first few shots in the pattern but decreased recoil of final few shots
- M9A1: damage 38 -> 37, armor penetration 57.5 -> 60, +100% base vertical recoil, +30% base horizontal recoil, increased recoil recovery
- PPK: armor penetration 78 -> 68, +45% base vertical recoil, reduced additional vertical recoil, increased recoil recovery, reload time 1.85s -> 1.65s
- Beretta 90two: damage 38 -> 37, +100% base vertical recoil, +30% base horizontal recoil
- Mauser: damage 33 -> 32, increased first shot recoil
- Tec-9: +100% base vertical recoil, greatly reduced additional vertical recoil, increased recoil recovery
- Desert Eagle: damage 63 -> 81, rate of fire 270 -> 180 RPM, idle sway cone 0.65 -> 0.8, +50% base recoil, increased additional recoil, movement penalty 2.2 -> 4.4
- Colt Python: damage 70 -> 53, rate of fire 170 -> 255 RPM, reload time 2.2s -> 2.1s
- R8 Revolver: damage 86 -> 70, +30% base vertical recoil
- Colt SAA: damage 73 -> 64
- Rhino: damage 66 -> 49, price $700 -> 350
- QSZ-92: damage 38 -> 32, armor penetration 71 -> 91, +50% base recoil, greatly increased recoil recovery
- AF2011: +200% base vertical recoil, +100% base horizontal recoil, increased recoil recovery, reload time 2.7s -> 2.4s
- M45A1: renamed M1911, price $600 -> 450, reload 2.3s -> 1.8s, ammo 14/28 -> 7/35, +50% base vertical recoil
- Dual Berettas: damage 38 -> 37, +65% base vertical recoil, +50% base horizontal recoil, increased recoil recovery, reduced damage dropoff, added minimum damage limit
- MP-443: rate of fire 500 -> 450 RPM, +100% base vertical recoil, increased recoil recovery
- M&P .45: +100% base vertical recoil, greatly reduced additional vertical recoil, additional sway per shot 2.4 -> 2.16
- Skorpion: price $500 -> 550, slightly increased recoil
- Charger 22: rate of fire 425 -> 460 RPM, reload time 2.8s -> 2.45s
- Thunder .50 BMG: damage 102 -> 105, armor penetration 98 -> 96.5
OTHER BALANCE CHANGES
- Shotguns: Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.75x to 2.4x in PVP/COMP (now identical to full auto weapons). Chest multiplier stays at 1.25x.
- Shotguns: Headshot multiplier of pump shotguns reduced from 1.9x to 1.8x in Mob-Arena. Headshot multiplier of semi auto shotguns reduced from 1.7x to 1.6x in Mob-Arena.
- NS2000: movement penalty 4.0 -> 2.4, damage 21 -> 22
- Sawed-Off: reload time 0.7s -> 0.65s
- Nova: price $1200 -> 1050
- M3: movement penalty 2.4 -> 1.4
- SPAS-12: damage 18 -> 19
- KSG-15: armor penetration 66 -> 67
- Double Barrel: kill award 100 -> 300
- RPK: Greatly accelerated recoil pattern early on in its spray. May consider another nerf if the weapon remains too powerful.
- Nylon 66: rate of fire 415 -> 540 RPM
- NTW-20: rate of fire 30 -> 36 RPM (still a little slower than CheyTac)
NEW WEAPON VISUALS
- We have brought back our old tracers for all weapons, but the effects only display when the bullet is close to you.
- Both your and your enemies’ bullets will display tracers, making gunfights feel much more intense and lethal.
- Muzzle flashes are now larger than normal for Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, and Magnum Handguns.
- Muzzle flashes are now ridiculously large on the NTW-20 and Thunder .50 BMG
- Frag Grenades now have a new fragmentation particle effect. The particles are animated and look better in-game than this screenshot.
- This also prevents a glitch where the old fragmentation effect would place stone buttons into the world if a grenade went off right before a server restart.
- Tweaked sway system to greatly improve accuracy when burst firing or speed tapping with all weapons. Does not affect single shots or long sprays.
- Has the most benefit to Machine Guns, as this change greatly reduces the adverse effect of machine guns’ fast sway cone expansion rate compared to other weapons.
- All weapons should now do correct damage and take body armor into account at all times.
- Changed the sound of armored body/chest/arm hits in PVP/COMP to be more audible
- Changed the sound of leg hits in PVP/COMP to be different from unarmored body hits