Today I worked on several minor changes to the server, particularly yesterday’s new lobby system. I would like to share my changes, and my plans for updates in the remainder of 2017.
The PVP lobby system received a number of bug fixes and new features today:
- Added a 14-map max limit to the Map Vote. The system will randomly pick 14 maps from the map pool if a greater number is found.
- Added all previous map-mode combinations to the game since the voting GUI is now properly limited to a reasonable size. More will be added in the future.
- Added a sound to the countdown timers, both in lobbies and in game.
- Added a sound to when a new round starts, or when the map voting menu opens.
- Added a hologram at spawn that dynamically shows info of the lobby.
- Added a block at spawn below the hologram that sends players into the lobby when clicked.
- The countdown clock in-game will now start to tick every second at 10 seconds remaining, down from 20.
- Players can now leave and rejoin PVP arenas.
- Lobby voting time increased from 20 to 30 seconds.
- The map lobby phrase in-game (after the players teleport into the arena and before the game actually starts) is shortened from 20 to 5 seconds.
- Team Death Match and Free For All now last 3 minutes instead of 5.
- Elimination timer reduced from 90 seconds to 60. (The old 90-second timer was not reflected due to a glitch that substituted Defusal for all Elimination maps.
- Defusal is now best-of-5 rather than best-of-7.
- The winning map message now includes the number of votes that map has received.
- A message is now broadcasted to the lobby when a player votes.
- Slight changes to messages syntax.
- Fixed a glitch where the /leave command would sometimes say “Removed you from PVP lobby” when the feature is supposed to be replaced
- Fixed a glitch where players are unable to map-vote more than once in a PVP lobby unless there is a server restart.
- Fixed a glitch where game timers are sent to players that have already left the arena.
We have also tackled the balance of many weapons, particularly Assault Rifles, LMGs, and the newly released weapons from last patch.
- All rifles and LMGs base stability increased
- All rifles and LMGs base moving accuracy increased
- All rifles and LMGs recoil recover slower when moving (reduces accuracy when moving and spraying)
- All shotguns moving accuracy increased
- SPAS-12 damage and armor penetration decreased
- Origin-12 damage and pellet count decreased
ROADMAP FOR END OF YEAR
As the end of 2017 approaches, we will speed up our work towards making the server more professional and simpler to players. The ultimate goal is to have a full functioning server with polished gameplay and reward systems, so we can go on to creating other gamemodes in the next year. We have a number of plans that we wish to accomplish towards the end of the year:
- Extending the Lobby system to Mob-Arena
- Somehow allow players to join MobArenas in progress (and possibly add respawns for the mode)
- Private lobbies
- A new donation store (Before Black Friday for sure!)
- At least two new ranks
- A basic skins system
- A revamped loadout system similar to CS:GO
- A revamped loot drops & crates system
- A better equipment & modification menu
- A better crate opening animation
- Better display of weapon statistics (possibly web-based)
- An in-game economy system with a buy menu
- A more polished game framework for PVP modes, especially Arms Race and Defusal
- New gamemodes (though it’s mostly a thing for 2018)
- New weapons
- New modifications (using our new total control of CrackShot code to change Shotgun pellet-count, etc.)
- Server-side footsteps and other work on anticheat/optimization