Tales of the ADS System

General discussions about the server, gameplay, etc.
Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: skylineLM
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 186 times

Tales of the ADS System

Post by Turbo » 2 months ago

Wow. I'm very surprised on how the ADS system works on here. I really like this system overall but there are a couple things I think I could see a fix for because some stuff are a bit weird here and there. Normally I'm pretty pessimistic or neutral on most updates but this one got me pretty happy for the most part.

Pros
+ A simplified mod description
I remember when AP ammo had all these messy looking explanations how it worked and now it straight up tells it just does better block penetration as apposed to increased recoil with all sorts of blah blah blah.
+ Pistols with S I G H T S
Yes, finally. Pistols with sights of many kinds from EOTech 553s to Micro sights. Huge plus right there.
+ Keeping LMGs in check
There was a massive amount of complaints on how overpowered the LMGs were and I understand these were a bit crazy. I tried using a QBB this morning against a AUG and it seems like assault rifles are finally finding their usage while LMGs will take a backseat while they'll be used in long range for the most part.
+ R8 is finally useful
I really hated the R8 before this update. The firing delay really put it on a disadvantage against the Python and especially the spam-cannon Rhino.
+ More versatile weapon suggestions
Before ADS was a thing, I remember weapon suggestions were going to be very strict because most guns felt bland to me and finding a gun that's unique enough was difficult to add.
+ MA is more fun
Mob-Arena finally re-dropped grenades, health packs, and all sorts of whatnot you'll need. Lot of us older players definitely missed this for a long time and at least we're happy to see it again.
+ Quickscopes are back
Yes, slap an ACOG on a AWP and watch what happens.

Cons
- Misaligned ADS
I know some of you already know this, but some guns like my own UMP-45 model is really misaligned and it really bugs me for a bit. I do know at least there is a fix coming to solve this problem.
- Some guns still... suck?
I'm aware this is a bit controversial but some guns like the M82 and SVD are the biggest losers of the update and probably because they're way too situational/or just plain sucks compared to an AWP or MSG90. The biggest winners to this update are mainly assault rifles, some LMGs, and any bolt action sniper.
- ...and MA is a bit harsh?
Even on easy difficult Mob-Arena they deal more damage than Halo 3 Flood on Legendary. The bosses become a bit ridiculous especially you look at the Fuhrer and Redcoat from the Volcanic Mob-Arena they deal way too much damage for their speed and health. I'd like it if bosses did more ranged attacks from now on.
- Ridiculous sight sizes
I think some sights like the micro sight for handguns are far too large compared to real life. This kinda goes same with some others like the 553 red dot sight we have as well.
- A bit too much sway?
I felt like most heavier weapons that weren't snipers had too much sway for the most part. I don't have that much sway in real life when I aim a weapon as well and I'm definitely sure soldiers in real life have far less sway on most guns than in GC's virtual soldiers.
- Some FFA maps are going to suck brutally.
I was earlier on a match of Nuketown FFA and you bet you won't last long without getting spawn killed for 3 deaths straight before you get a kill. I wonder if some other maps will suffer the same fate of being spawn killed to frequently due to the increased lethality.

Personally overall this will be my favorite update (or the my least favorite update) iin a very long time after the mess of the old weapon mod setup.
Let me see how you gonna treat me, I ain't no easy- Better think about it TWICE~

Trexar
MC Username: Trexar
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Trexar » 2 months ago

I agree.

Try putting a Micro Sight on a pistol and look how silly it looks when you ads
German snakes be like ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß

Turbo
VIP
VIP

Trexar wrote:
2 months ago
I agree.

Try putting a Micro Sight on a pistol and look how silly it looks when you ads
More like M E G A sight, amirite?
Let me see how you gonna treat me, I ain't no easy- Better think about it TWICE~

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Hky
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Hky » 2 months ago

The MA changes were from a few updates ago. The mob damage on players was increased mainly because the 2 minute respawn system was added. I might tone it down a bit only for solos.

The sights have to be large since we can't render the gun below them. The bottom of the sight has to reach the bottom of the screen. I modified the models a bit to tweak their sizes but the micro sight might still be a little too large.

Also, your feedback on the attachment update is well-appreciated and pretty much exactly what I intended. Instead of trying to make every attachment "neutral" in terms of benefits and drawbacks I decided to simplify them by focusing on their benefits. Then I added the 3 attachments limit to keep the system balanced and also pay some tribute to our beloved COD4. :-)

Turbo
VIP
VIP

Hky wrote:
2 months ago
The MA changes were from a few updates ago. The mob damage on players was increased mainly because the 2 minute respawn system was added. I might tone it down a bit only for solos.

The sights have to be large since we can't render the gun below them. The bottom of the sight has to reach the bottom of the screen. I modified the models a bit to tweak their sizes but the micro sight might still be a little too large.

Also, your feedback on the attachment update is well-appreciated and pretty much exactly what I intended. Instead of trying to make every attachment "neutral" in terms of benefits and drawbacks I decided to simplify them by focusing on their benefits. Then I added the 3 attachments limit to keep the system balanced and also pay some tribute to our beloved COD4. :-)
Wow, damn. I didn't know you replied to my largest feedback here. So yeah, I do understand we have a 2 minute respawn system but I'd focus on more of the explosive, AoE, poison, wither, and fire attacks specifically as I have tried out some matches on MA itself, I'd basically watch for anything that causes very large mob damage in general especially if it has AoE attacks as I've seen bosses taking out all the players at once.

As for sights, I understand you may be unable to have a weapon rendered under, but a size change would definitely help a lot.

Lastly, I'd check in with some guns like M82, SVD, and maybe half of the LMGs as I have pretty much seen every assault rifle and submachine gun in PvP. I enjoy the fact that ARs and SMGs are really fun to play with now but I'd also like it if some underperforming guns like the SVD in particular to at least be to compete against much superior weapons like the SCAR-20. And in the current situation for LMGs, I felt the recoil harshness was a bit overkill despite ProBlazeX being the person knowing how to use LMGs this update. They feel a little niche with the excessive recoil.

Also, I like the 3 attachment system as well even though I'd like a 4th on some guns like AK and AR based weapons like the AK-74M and M4A4.

_VenoMs
VIP
VIP
MC Username: Kometta
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by _VenoMs » 2 months ago

Hky wrote:
2 months ago
Would be cool to add a locked feature to MA, so you wont have anyone joining while you're nearly finished a stupid hard map and you dont get the solo XP bonus, also the double XP isnt working :I