New role: Musician

Suggest new features for the server here.
YeetHavok
0-99
0-99
MC Username: Lo1O
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

New role: Musician

Post by YeetHavok » 2 months ago

Music makes the server more enjoyable in my opinion. In fact, I play the server with custom music. Feel free to reply to me.

TotalyRosssome
MC Username: TotalyRosssome
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 2 months ago

Why don’t you just make music and submit it, instead of making a whole role for it. No one has a “Model Developer” or a “Skin Maker”. Just submit music and hope it gets implemented somewhere. I don’t see why people would want music while they’re playing, but it’s a good idea.

Rijam
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Rijam
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Rijam » 2 months ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
2 months ago
Why don’t you just make music and submit it, instead of making a whole role for it. ... I don’t see why people would want music while they’re playing, but it’s a good idea.
I like to listen to (non lyrical) music when I play. One example is the GoldenEye: Source soundtrack. It adds a nice background mood that makes playing casually more fun. (It's also designed to be that way). If you are playing competitively then you might not want music because it could drown out important sounds.

Currently we don't have any way of playing songs, and I don't think note block sounds would be good enough.

If you want to make music, then you can make it. If you post it here, other people might listen to it. Just no promises of them being added to the server.

TotalyRosssome

Rijam wrote:
2 months ago

I like to listen to (non lyrical) music when I play. One example is the GoldenEye: Source soundtrack. It adds a nice background mood that makes playing casually more fun. (It's also designed to be that way). If you are playing competitively then you might not want music because it could drown out important sounds.

Currently we don't have any way of playing songs, and I don't think note block sounds would be good enough.

If you want to make music, then you can make it. If you post it here, other people might listen to it. Just no promises of them being added to the server.
I would listen to my music in the background if I was also able to hear the game. I have my Minecraft playlist on sometimes and it would be great to listen to, but it distracts me greatly from the main game at hand.

YeetHavok
0-99
0-99
MC Username: Lo1O
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by YeetHavok » 2 months ago

TotalyRosssome: Calm down.

TotalyRosssome

YeetHavok wrote:
2 months ago
TotalyRosssome: Calm down.
I am calm. I'm just discussing a topic of interest :D

Lady__Ianite
0-99
0-99
MC Username: Lady__Ianite

Post by Lady__Ianite » 2 months ago

There's really no point to putting custom music ingame. One, there's only so many music disks we could use to play custom music. Two, we would have to change the current music disks to play custom music, which means a larger resource pack, which means a frame drop. Three, you wouldn't even be able to hear it ingame, because jukeboxes only play in a certain radius. Four, you would be blocking out in game sounds while trying to hear the music. Five, you could just listen to it on YouTube or something else.

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: skylineLM
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Turbo » 2 months ago

Rijam wrote:
2 months ago
At the same time if we let the players pick music it's guaranteed to be rap music with every swear word in existence in the lyrics lol
Let me see how you gonna treat me, I ain't no easy- Better think about it TWICE~

TotalyRosssome

What if you just put on a Spotify playlist for yourself. It goes in order and you can pick songs to put in. Just 1 or 2 axe, Trojan, or Spotify Premium ads every 3-5 songs and you’re all good.