1. A Gym Mob-Arena for All players
2. A Rankup System(Currently only has 2 ranks)
3. A Nice Spawn
4. A Survival World
1. More Arenas (Hopefully one on Sunday)
2. More Ranks (Hopefully one on Sunday)
3. More Classes (Automatically earned by ranking up OR Requires a rank and requires you to buy the rank) (Hopefully three to five on Sunday and more on the following week)
4. More Shop Items in Survival & GUN SHOP in Survival (Hopefully on Monday to Wednesday)
5. World in Survival w/ TIERS of difficulties
If the server is in maintainance the dashboard on the website would show the server is online, but however the server is actually off.
The new server would delete the Survival that used to be there and will purely become a minigames server. Sorry guys :( We'll keep plot world for both new and returning players, and if you are still joining this server you can contact me to recover your items from the old survival world to the new plots.
Many new features would be added to the server.
1. Now you choose your classes and join an arena within a GUI! It's very easy and the unlocking ranks would be shown also, so you can check if you already can choose that class/arena or not.
2. Classes unlocked with in-game cash. These classes would be avaliable for all ranks, but better classes would be significantly more expensive.
3. More classes, more weapons, more ranks. We've gone our way to the Recruit III rank the time this topic is post. Classes are rebalanced to ensure that higher rank players wouldn't be too overpowered to players 2 or 3 ranks lower than him.
4. 1.8.x players would be able to join the server.
Each "Major" rank would unlock an arena(or more). Each sub-rank would unlock a class(or more).
We're currently working on arenas for Player and Recruit rank.
The ranks would follow American army ranks.
Ranks list that we are 100% sure will add when the server reopens:
1- Newbie (for new players, need to collect $50 in arena Starter to rank up)
2- Player (Already existing)
3- Member (Already existing)
4- Recruit I, II, and III (3 sub-ranks)
7- Private E1, E2 (2 sub-ranks)
9- Private 1st Class (no sub-ranks)
11- Sergeant I, II (2 sub-ranks)
13- Staff Sergeant I, II (2 sub-ranks)
The following rank would be added but we won't guarentee there's stuff immediately unlocked for them
15- Sergeant 1st Class (no sub-ranks)
16- Master Sergeant I, II (2 sub-ranks)
18- First Sergeant I, II (2 sub-ranks)
19- Sergeant Major I, II, III (3 sub-ranks) (SGM)
22- Command Sergeant Major I, II, III (3 sub-ranks) (CSM)
25- Sergeant Major of the Army (no sub-ranks) (SMA)
We'll see how to implement Officers- because Second Lieutenant is a far less worthy rank than SMA. But it would still be most probably rank 26.
We have finished a Range arena for group Player!
In this arena, you and the monsters are at separate sides of the arena. Only skeletons spawns at first, but baby zombies would get pass the barrier between you and the monsters and try to melee you. Blazes may spawn at high rounds. Also two interesting bosses that shoots arrows at you! The final boss is very tough to kill if you don't get some teammates, but the overall arena difficulty is even easier than the starter arena.
We have recently found that this server has been automatically removed from the server list. Therefore although we have to add it again when the server is on, it would show up in the New Servers list yet again. To keep players and make more join, we'll get Youtuber rewards including exclusive Youtuber ranks and classes! Actually if you have 100 subs and make a video for this server it would be equivalent or better than you donating $20 USD! The rank you get depends on the number of subscribers you have on Youtube and the quality of the video.
The server has been made Premium to prevent glitches with Mojang's new renaming system. Hopefully this will not reduce the number of players that joins this server.
Disabled weather in all arenas. Now your weapons always properly sets things on fire
We have froze for some months as the server is still in active development. We have UPDATED TO 1.8 and are making 3D weapon models. Note that not all models will be original when we first reopen, but before we open donations we will make every model original to prevent copyright issues. Yes, you can play with every gun being 3D!
In the 3 months and a half we have finished Private I and Private II rank, and their respective classes. 3D models have not been done yet, sorry for that.
We have already migrated all 3D models to the server. Some pistols use the same model, and not all models are original. We are also having a bit errors with the Revolver model.
In addition to that we have tweaked the Starter arena. It now has 1.8 barriers to prevent hacking or recoil-jumping to reach illegal places, and also prevents escaping of mobs(ghasts, blazes, bats etc). Due to Giant losing AI in 1.8, we have changed the final boss to a Ghast and decreased the HP by a little bit. The barriers will prevent the ghast from escaping as well as players.
* New Rank - Specialist 3 Rank
* Specialist 3 class - Blooper class with explosive fire power and is helpful to take out large groups of enemy's, also comes with flint and steel and a hand pistol.
Do /my pet for help and /help my pet!
The shop has added a lead so you can get your pet and also /warp pets! Pets can help you in battle and you can level them up so your pet gets more health and attack damage! You can also ride your pets! So pets have a good use! At /warp pets there are chickens pigs cows and sheep(white,brown,black,gray and extremely rare pink)
I hope you guys enjoy the new pets
If you have money, don't forget to donate for the server. We're working hard on it everyday and we really need money to upgrade our server's RAM. The classes are balanced to the level of 800 tokens token classes, it should not be too unbalanced but yet strong enough to beat other kits to some extent.
I have sent a request to our server host to change it back. Unfortunately, our server host is currently offline and the response will be delayed. In the meantime the server will show as offline on server lists.
You can still play on the server by using the following IP: 184.108.40.206.
It is recommended that you use Direct Connect to join the server as the old IP(220.127.116.11 or guncolony.com) will probably be back soon.
1. The pets are extremely laggy. Every tick the plugin checks for EVERY entity in the server for pets. This is unacceptable within a mob arena server with 2000 or more entities that it has to check 20 times a second. Simply the moving part is a 50 lines of code every tick for each pet, the plugin does not use the normal Minecraft mob mechanics for the pets unlike MythicMobs which uses a more efficient way of handling custom AI.
2. The pets are buggy. It has been known that if a pet falls to their death, the server is crashed. It is causing occasional crashes time to time and interrupting our uptime and emptying some players' inventories.
3. It creates opportunity of a lot of exploits. People have escaped the old spawn using chicken pets and they are able to "parkour" very far on their pets.
4. Other rulebreaking and annoyance. Certain weapons can kill pets, and it's often hard to tell if the person is intentionally killing the pets or not, thus hard to regulate the rules. Also pets' ranged attacks, due to a bug, damages players. It makes people able to kill other people or knock them off somewhere using their pets. Most importantly, the /warp pets afk-ers.
As a return, we have decided to give players money and tokens in return to them losing their precious pets.
Please contact Hky between July 22 and July 24 in order to receive your rewards. On the 25th the pet plugin will be removed.
For every EXP point your pet had:
This means about $2000 and 1000 Tokens will be given to a player with a Level 100 pet.
If you think you're too young or ignorant to understand this(no offence), just don't try to. Not forcing anyone to read this.
A brand new month for our server to grow even more. Yesterday I recruited Firepotato11 as builder, so the issue of not enough arenas available will be gone soon, hopefully.
Anyways, I'm not worried about server funds right now. I have about $50 from donations after funding the server for August. With these I can afford the server at 80 slots for September and October, assuming no further donations which has a really low probablility. It's already amazing how I can manage this new, small server to grow with a positive profit.
Let me describe the server's short past first. For those of you who don't know, the server's beta has opened on May 31th. We've started up from a small, 20 slots server for the first month, and then a 40 slot server for the second. When the beta began there were only 4 maps. It was even almost impossible for all 4 to be in-game. There were no more than 8 players online at the same time. We've used weapon models from a public resource pack, later slowly replaced with custom original models. After that and the addition of arena Swamp and a bunch of new ranks/classes, I released the server meaning it's no longer beta.
Once I realized the server's only true uniqueness was the 3D guns, I started working on some other tweaks. And then our custom plugin was born. Over the course of July I have made guns recoil like in cs:go, have lower accuracy when moving or jumping, then introduced arena end/start messages and Alpha Loadouts. I also did some modifications to Mob-Arena plugin's source. I added the ability for it to spawn 1.8 mobs such as guardians and killer-bunnies. I also added mobs with armor and giant slimes. I made it so spawnpoints too close to a player do not spawn mobs. Overall I've spent over 30 hours to code the custom features in a single month.
Now the server is unique enough to attract new players to stay on the server, I'm currently trying to work on doing it. The most effective way, of course, is advertising the server on server lists.
I can not force players to vote for the server. The problem is I do not want vote rewards to be overpowered. I also need to attract players to vote. Of course having a drop-party every 20 votes isn't a viable solution to a mini-game server, so I'm trying to keep the rewards personal to the voter. The thing is some people want to pay things like tokens to others, and this somewhat made voting too overpowered since you can sell the tokens and gain more money per vote. I do not want to shout out "Everybody vote" every day, so you players should vote yourselves
Our plan next month is first to add some more arenas, then release Beta Loadouts. You will not be able to use the classes any more, you must use loadouts. You will have 5 loadout slots which you can save to. Also a more user-friendly weapon selection interface. There'll still be "classes" you can choose in MobArena which contain only armor and potions etc. After that I'll add PvP arenas and modes and do the same thing with loadouts for PvP. When we finally release our loadouts you will be able to include items in your loadouts as well, with a limitation on how many you can get. Monsters will only drop inventory restocks, when you pick up one of them you get all the items that you pick in the loadout again.
About voting sites:
We've achieved 2700 votes on minecraftiplist.com server list this month. This amount of votes can make us onto a relatively high place to server lists. I'll list some server lists that people can find on first page in Google search and what place we can get to with our votes in the current month(2700) and the votes predicted for the following month(4000):
(Listed by place on Google Search "Minecraft Server List" with Personalized Results disabled)
minecraft-server-list.com >> Assumed: #131 Predicted: #106 (We're already on here, just added)
minecraftservers.org >> Assumed: #157 Predicted: #119 (We're on here with ~2000 votes at #189 for July)
minecraft-mp.com >> Assumed: #90-150 Predicted: #70-110 ("Premium" have better score same votes)
minecraftserverlist.eu >> Assumed: #36 Predicted: #25 (Cannot post a banner, but we get on first page)
minetrack.net >> This server list is new, so I can't tell. Potentially a very good one since few servers are on
minecraftserverlijst.nl >> Not English site, not considered
mc-serverlist.com >> Assumed: #7 Predicted: #5 (Yes I'm not joking, this is a really good one)
topg.org/Minecraft >> Assumed: #50 Predicted: #35 (No banner, but it still shows our unique icon )
minecraft-serverlist.net >> Not English site, not considered
gametracker.com >> You cannot vote on this, not considered
We'll definitely be keeping our spot on minecraftiplist.com because players can find us by googling Minecraft Gun Servers and clicking on the first result that appear which is the server list.
We're keeping minecraft-server-list.com as well.
We're trying to select 2 server lists to add on August, replacing our current minecraftservers.org and minelist.net vote sites. There'll still be 4 places to vote. Since minecraft-server-list.com is already one of our vote sites, it is not in the poll answers.
Based on the statistics provided above, please select what 2 server lists you think the server should be added to for August. Community opinions are very important to me. Thank you.
After choosing a few random kits I found this:
Something familiar, isn't it?
This server used our MSG90 A2 and M249 models, tweaked them a LITTLE TINY BIT, and used them on their server.
If InfectedRPG don't remove the copied models we will either seek legal ways to solve the problem, or... Add 200+ guns into our server using THEIR models. Whichever seems better.
Now, I removed Diamonds from the donation store. I added an option called Donation(No Rewards) into the store for those who want to donate to the server for nothing. You'll still be added to the recent donators list and a message will be broadcasted to the server about your donation.
We have recently updated the server for the following features:
- Decrease the random damage variation from +/- 3% to +/- 1%. Should eliminate cases where MSG90 A2 sometimes can not one shot an enemy from the head in PVP but rather leave them as half a heart.
- Made AK-47 and AK-103 recoil more controllable.
- Added pistols: P2000, P250, CZ75-Auto, Tec-9
(These are all unlocked with rankups except the P2000 which is unlocked by default)
- Removed pistols: GLOCK-17, GLOCK-19
- GLOCK-18 is now unlocked by default as a newbie pistol. No stats have been modified.
- Headshots are forced to deal 2 times as much damage now.
- Fixed bug where being headshotted as a zombie in Infected occasionally gets you teleported to the spawn
- Added 2 new MobArena boss abilities: Propel and Bombard
New boss abilities:
Pushes every player that it has a line of sight to, away from the boss. The further the player is from the boss the lesser the effect's strength. Affects all players who are at most 12 blocks from the boss and with no solid blocks obstructing view.
Throws 12 instant damage potions with 0.2 seconds between each one. The direction of the throw is completely random and potion will always land very close to the boss making it very and only dangerous if you approach it. Undead bosses may take this opportunity to heal while non-undead bosses will get damaged. (Thus, if you can survive long enough you totally can wait for the boss to kill itself)
Gun System Updates:
- Tweaked SG553 spray pattern, now goes a little more to the left
- Armor Penetration Update! Weapons with full armor penetration like SG553 and Knife can completely negate leather armor, and decrease protection values of stronger armors by 3.5 armor points.
- Fixed a bug where if you drop your gun/die in PVP when reloading you will be unable to fire your gun until you switch an item slot or pick up another weapon then reload it
- Fixed a bug where scoped rifles have a very high accuracy when scoped in
- Fixed a bug where "Human" and weapon info would flash in the actionbar when playing Infected as a human
- Fixed a bug where it would say a long chain of mostly meaningless characters in the bossbar notification when you kill a player in Infected
- Fixed a bug where it would actually damage you when you evolve to Level 4 as a zombie in Infected
- Rebalanced Infected kits, mostly buffed zombies since the armor penetration update made it too easy for humans to eliminate them
- Remade Infected kill messages, now says which weapon a human used to kill a zombie, and correctly displays a different message if a zombie is killing a human.
- Fixed a bug where it would only give you integer amounts of money at the end of a McInfected game
- Rebalanced amount of money you get in Infected
- Removed Regeneration potions for humans
- Fixed a bug where drinking potions with stack size > 1 drinks all of them at the same time
- Implemented a new menu for human and zombie class selection
- Nerfed Infection2 wave 70 boss by increasing the delay between its Bombard abilities.
- Less overall randomness in the amount of money you obtain from killing a monster in MobArena
- Killing a Powered Creeper now gives you more money than a normal one
- Killing a Wither Skeleton now gives you more money than a normal one (if they have the same equipments)
- Killing a Baby Zombie or Pigman now gives you more money than a normal one
- Killing an Elder Guardian now gives you more money than a normal one
- For each armor point a monster has you get 5% more money for killing it
- For each additional damage a monster obtains from its held item(AKA it will get +7 attack damage with a Diamond Sword) you get 12% more money for killing it
- Killing a larger Slime or Magma Cube gives you more money than a smaller one
- Killing monsters with more health gives you more money than those with less (Nerfs swarm waves)
Gun System Updates:
- Most guns had their damage rebalanced
- Nerfed knife right click. It's now slower, has a (very) slightly shorter range, and deals a bit less damage if the hit is not a backstab.
- In return, fixed the bug where knife left click does not correctly penetrate armor, thus increasing its effectiveness.
- Buffed damage of Fire Launchers
- Nerfed damage of High Voltage Gloves by 5%, in turn increased its range and lowered its spread slightly
- Slightly buffed damage of Laser-451 so that it can 3 hit ghasts and 6 hit 10-heart-health mobs
- Added a new sound for headshots
- Added a new sound for zooming in and out
- Added a sound for toggling burstfire mode
- Toggling burstfire mode now requires 0.5 seconds, was instant
- The burstfire mode is now shown in the actionbar instead of the weapon name
- Ammo is no longer shown in the weapon name
- Guns no longer blob when shooting
- Guns no longer swing when left-clicking/zooming. Punching enemies still work despite the visual effect
- Double Barrel, Nova, Sawed-Off and MAG-7 now shoots 9 pellets per shot instead of 8 or 7
- XM1014 now shoots 6 pellets per shot instead of 5
- Damage dropoff is now calculated exponentially instead of linearly and that causes (especially) shotguns to have better effectivity over longer ranges
- Fixed bolt action snipers and pump shotguns reloading an extra bullet if they are reloaded before the magazine goes completely empty
- Fixed a bug that caused display of reload time of emptied slide-action guns to be shorter than usual
- Given a very slight damage reduction over distance to snipers that is enough to cause M24 to unable to one hit kill enemy players with full health over long ranges unless a headshot is scored
- Slowed the reload of snipers to be on par with CS:GO
- Rebalanced firing rate of shotguns
- Made some guns able to quick-reload. (You can switch to another weapon after the magazine is reattached to the weapon in the reloading animation. After switching back to the former weapon it is already ready to shoot instead of having to reload again) Other guns will have this feature soon
- Slight tweaks over a few guns' armor penetration values
- Made scoped movement detection a bit less sensitive so quickscoping is now easier
- Fixed a bug where damage dealt to a zombie is decreased when the zombie is low on health
- Zombie death algorithm now correctly considers armor
- Edited the InfectedTest map, fixed a few glitches, made more aesthetically pleasing, and added a new spot at the hospital. Also made the mountaintop a bit less painful to access.
- Weapon icons are now shown instead of weapon names in the kill messages.
- Nerfed a spot in TheLastOfUs, on one side of a gray-orange building near the fountain
Sorry, no MobArena or PVP updates this time! I've spent a lot of time on the other updates!
Gun System Updates:
- Decreased recoil of many weapons particularly those that had high recoil like AK-47
- Changed sound of headshots, now play a different sound if yourself is being headshotted
- Particles when hit now go exactly where the bullet lands on the mob/player
- Most automatic guns now (always) only shoot 2 ammo if you tap right click once with the exception of Negev, which shoots 3
- Rebalanced fire rate and damage of many weapons
- Buffed MP9 spraying accuracy
- Reduced delay from when you hit your shoot button to when a bullet is shot
- Colt Revolver now has limited ammo
- Buffed accuracy of P2000, Colt Revolver and MP9 (P2000 is now as accurate as USP-S)
- Nerfed XM8 accuracy while spraying to compensate with its firerate buff
- Nerfed MAG-7 damage by 14% while keeping its old fire rate
- Nerfed the amount of potions thrown by the Bombard ability slightly
- Particles when hitting a mob is now dependent on the mob type. No more skeleton spilling blood!
- Added Headshot icons in the kill messages
- When zombie die they now play a zombie die sound (almost unnoticeable most times)
- When a human gets infected a small, green firework effect is shown
- Nerfed the Protection enchantment on Armored zombie kit
- Nerfed the recently added hospital spot in InfectedTest
- Added FPS style kill messages including Headshot icons
We have also done many updates to the server recently.
Gun System Updates:
- Added a new SMG, the UMP-45, with a high damage and good spray pattern (straight up), with relatively lower movement accuracy, slow rate of fire, small magazine and small reload as trade-offs. It is unlocked at LVL 23
- New models for MP7 and UZI
- Rebalanced MP7, UZI, MP5K A4, reducing their ammo and MP7's fire rate
- Rebalanced R8 Revolver and Colt Revolver. The latter is now a viable substitute to the former due to comparable damage and the ability to fire instantly
- Made Colt Revolver shoot Sniper particles like the R8
- Changed particles. They now have a chance of not displaying when far from the player viewing them. Maximum display range increased from 48 to 72 blocks
- R8 Revolver now has a trigger sound played as soon as you click right click
- R8 Revolver now shoots faster while right click is held down, but has a reduced accuracy while doing so (simulates fanning the hammer in CS:GO)
- R8 Revolver now has an unique kill icon
- Decreased Desert Eagle's damage dropoff over distance
- Increased Tec-9 and CZ75-Auto's movement penalty to comply with the new CS:GO winter update's pistol moving nerf
- Increased recoil recovery after spraying, but decreased recoil recovery otherwise.
- Increased bullet randomness while tapping quickly to comply with the new CS:GO winter update's recoil changes
- Removal of Weapon Tiers
- Fixed a bug where you were able to speed up the Barrett M82 significantly by swapping to another item and swapping back
- Headshots now deal 4x as much damage in PVP and Infected, rather than 2x
- It is now much harder to do headshots in PVP and Infected
- Bullets have nearly twice as much velocity now (500 m/s rather than 280 m/s), this makes them almost instant
- Given a new sound to the M249
- Large rebalancing of MobArena kits
- All Mob Arenas are now joinable by people of any rank
- PVP is now joinable while in game
- Wait timer of PVP decreased from 90 to 60 seconds
- How many people are in PVP is now shown in the join menu
- Fixed a bug where killing a player does not show in bossbar
- Added a command "/gunrecoil fix" to fix your weapons next respawn (if they are broken)
This post will contain information about both updates
Gun System Updates:
- Bullets are now COMPLETELY instant (999999999 m/s instead of 500 m/s)
- Made the head hitbox a bit bigger
- Bullets can now penetrate through walls, albeit it will deal a decreased damage after the penetration.
(TIP: Iron Blocks can only be penetrated with a few guns, and Diamond Blocks are completely impossible to penetrate)
- Bullets can now penetrate through multiple enemies, but it'll deal a decreased damage to every enemy after the first
(The Barrett M82 can instantly kill 3 people/mobs in a single shot if they are lined up)
- Added an indicator (like a crosshair) to show your accuracy and help you aim
- Shrunk recoil patterns by approximately 20%
- Increased recoil pattern recovery of some automatic guns
- Made SG553 spray go less crazily to the right
- Rebalanced first shot accuracy of some weapons
- Increased spread recovery of all automatic guns
- Jumping now adds up to recoil to better resemble CS:GO and to help nerf sprint-jumping
- Now uses a different, more accurate, and hacker-proof algorithm of detecting jumping
- New Arena, Blizzard. Holiday event coming soon (we do event every 2 months or so, last time was Halloween, this one will be the event for the winter)
- It is now harder to hit some mobs
- Extended all timers that were previously 60 seconds to 90 seconds. This allows more to be in the same match
- Kill icons now shows wallbang icon
- It is now harder to hit the zombies with guns
(in turn you gain the ability to penetrate multiple zombies, and 4x headshot damage, so try aiming for head instead of spraying)
- Now gives some money per kill. You get more money for infecting a human as a zombie than killing zombie as a human
- Money given at round end decreased. (You still get more on average due to the kill awards)
- You can now join a PVP match even if it is in-game
- Kill icons now shows wallbang icon
- It is now harder to hit other players
- Made head a little bit bigger
- Now gives $5 per kill
- New server spawn
- Redesigned loadout menu. Primary weapons are now split up into 3 pages
- Money earned from all modes (but not the online bonuses) will now increase if there are less than 20 people online in the server, to hopefully stop boredom
- Switched to AdvancedAntiCheat for the anti cheating plugin, which makes less false positives (aka. it thinks you hack while you don't) and blocks hackers more completely
I'm here once again to tell you all about the brand new (Unofficial) Gun Colony Skype Chat!
The rules are here:
Breaking any of the Skype Chat rules may result in a ban [some bans may be for a set time and some may be permanent] after 3 warnings are given to specific rules (tagged with * )!
Rules tagged with ( ** ) are considered to be an immediate ban if broken!
Do not advertise other servers once you are a regular member**
Do not disrespect or abuse members and visitors of Gun Colony Community*
No discrimination or abuse against other users. This includes all forms of discrimination and abuse, including both sexual and racial discrimination*
No political, racial or religious remarks, names or comments. Anything that can be interpreted as political, racial or religious falls under this category. If you are asked to edit something, you must do so immediately*
Uploading or distributing distasteful or illicit content is strictly prohibited*
Do not impersonate admins. You can find me as the creator of the group by doing /get creator in the chat**
Trolls will be given ONE warning and if Trolling persists a permanent ban will be issued
Thank you for reading the rules of the Unofficial Gun Colony Skype Chat! If you have any questions, please personally announce those questions to me @ xbreaksx on Skype. Thanks!
Please copy and paste this into a new tab in your browser, then press Enter and tell it to use Skype to join the chat:
If that does not work then please contact my personal skype @ xbreaksx to request to be put into the chat manually. Thanks!
- Recoil has been lowered for most pistols, especially the CZ75-Auto
- Recoil has been increased for Desert Eagle and Colt Python
- Movement Inaccuracy has been increased for most pistols, most significantly the Wealther PP and PPS
- Movement Inaccuracy has been reduced for M9A
- Movement Inaccuracy remains unchanged for the Colt Revolver
- Reload speed has been lowered for the Mauser C96
- Base spread (stand/sneak) is increased for the Mauser C96
- Jumping Inaccuracy has been increased for ALL pistols
- Significantly reduced spread on Glock-18 and Mauser C96 burst firing mode
- Increased vertical recoil on Glock-18 and Mauser C96 burst firing mode
- Increased damage over long ranges of the Colt Python
- Greatly increased armor penetration of the Walther PP/S
- CZ75-Auto now follows a strict spray pattern (identical to CS:GO)
- Increased maximum rate of fire for the M9A
- Severely nerfed accuracy of the R8 Revolver in quickfire mode, and reduced the amount of accuracy increase due to sneaking
- Increased back-up ammo of most pistols in Infected
- Reduced back-up ammo of Beretta 90two and Tec-9 in Infected
Rifles & SMGs:
- All rifles now follow a strict spray pattern
- If the weapon is featured in CS:GO, the spray pattern is identical to the weapon's spray pattern in CS:GO
- If the weapon is not featured in CS:GO, a custom spray pattern is used
- The weapon will always fire in its particular spray pattern, so recoil compensating is possible
- Spray patterns will be added to LMGs (Machine Guns) soon.
- Increased back-up ammo for some rifles & SMGs in Infected
- Reduced back-up ammo for the P90 in Infected
- Sniper rifles now have to wait a short amount of time after scoping to be accurate. Accuracy increases gradually before reaching its max level
- Bolt-action sniper rifles have an extra inaccuracy applied to simulate "re-scope" in CS:GO
- Slightly reduced the recoil of SCAR-20
- Rebalanced back-up ammo for snipers in Infected
- Slightly increased time it takes to swap and reload for all shotguns
- After reloading, the weapon takes less time to ready for shooting
- Increased back-up ammo for some shotguns in Infected
- Reduced back-up ammo of most machine guns in Infected
Bug Fixes & Misc. Changes
- Fixed a bug where the last bullet of a fully-automatic gun is not fired
- No longer joins you back into PVP after a match if you have any menu open (/join, /gun, etc.)
- Fall Damage is now reduced by 2, meaning you won't suffer any when falling from 4-5 blocks
- Any fall damage still suffered by players are now increased by 50%. This means you will die from a 19 blocks fall instead of 23 blocks
- Removed vanilla hurt sounds and landing sounds
- Headshot sounds no longer differ between the victim and other people
- Now always play helmet headshot sounds in PVP and flesh impact sounds in Infected (as zombie)
- A brand new kelvar impact sound is added that is played whenever a player gets damaged in PVP
- Headshots on mobs will now play a flesh impact sound for animals, zombies and pigmen, and otherwise a kelvar sound. (Simply because helmet sounds are too annoying...)
- New falling impact sounds. A soft sound will play when falling from 4-5 blocks (no damage), and a different sound will play when the player actually suffers the fall damage. The sound can be heard from further away the more damage the player suffers. Max range is 16 blocks
- Changed firing sounds for MAG-7 and Tec9.
We've made three changes to the server today that we think would affect the server by a lot. There's a new feature to shotguns called the shotgun cone, stats for a few weapons have been changed, and finally Dust II has received an update that will probably improve gameplay and encourage more tactical ways of engaging enemies.
First to come is the shotgun cone. This literally means the "spread" of the shotgun. Whenever you fire a weapon, your aim is a little bit off the crosshair, and that inaccuracy is much more significant while moving. The new shotgun cone system ensures that the pellets of a shotgun are not centered on the crosshair. If you move or jump, ALL the pellets will, very noticeably, all go in one direction. This nerfs the shotguns' effectiveness while moving. On the other hand accuracy while standing with shotguns is significantly buffed, meaning that you will have an easier time killing enemies a little bit further away.
The second update is the weapon rebalance.
First off, the M4A1-S has its rate of fire reduced from 625 RPM to 600 RPM to match its CS:GO stats. In return, its effective range has been tripled, also making its stats more similar to CS:GO.
The MP7 has its moving accuracy increased to encourage its use as an all-purpose weapon, since it was previously a little too weak at closer ranges, which should be the main strength of a SMG.
The aforementioned shotgun cone update also affects the AF2011, the christmas event gun. Now, the two bullets shot by the weapon will ALWAYS land close to each other. In addition to that, the AF2011's range is greatly increased, but the stablity of the weapon is reduced.
RECOIL PATTERNS OF ALL WEAPONS ARE NOW 16% LARGER. This means that you might have to pull more to compensate for recoil, or alternatively increase your mouse sensitivity. This change is made mainly to discourage spraying done by unskilled players, and to align the size of the spray patterns with the CS:GO sizes.
Last but not least, we have tweaked the Dust II map for the PVP mode. There's now a way to jump up from mid to xbox and then to cat. The B window is tweaked so players will have to perform a jump to be able to enter the window from ct, providing blue players an advantage to fight off spawn-campers. The boxes at back platform is lowered so snipers can now actually sit there and eliminate players trying to peek upper tunnels. Finally, the step of both B platform and catwalk is lowered from a full block to a half block again to provide blue players more opportunity of properly fighting with red players in mid. Good thing to players on the red team, slabs are added in pit to assist them in preventing enemies from camping at long A. There are also some aesthetic changes done mainly around A site.
For people who don't know what "xbox", "mid" and "cat" etc. is, here's something to help:
We've updated various aspects of PVP to improve its realism and make it more fun. Minecraft 1.9 is coming up and this will likely be the final major update to the server before we work on updating it for the new Minecraft version.
Here's the changelog:
- Added a map rotation mechanic, now maps will randomly rotate in PVP matches. You can NOT choose which map you play.
- Two new maps for Team Death Match: Dust and Jungle
- You no longer have reduced attack power while invulnerable
- You now have invisibility while invulnerable. Armor is still visible, this just tells others that you cannot be attacked yet
- You can no longer get stunned by bullets nor catch fire while invulnerable. You can, however, still be slowed by a Taser or High Voltage Gloves
- Killstreak was changed: You will receive a grenade after 3 kills, and a flashbang after 5 kills. A tamed wolf will spawn after 7 kills. The old killstreak, aka strength potions, zombies etc., were removed.
- Preparing to remove Herobrine
Note that the previous update on yesterday also brought a change to the Dust II map (TDM), so also check that out.
- Hit box update
The hit box became more complex and hits to different body parts do different damage.
(Sorry for using mspaint)
[red: body hit box]
[yellow: head hit box, 4x damage. a shot is a headshot as long as it intersects the hitbox - even if the shot came from below the target.]
(I drew the head and upper body hitboxes a bit too small. They should be as wide as the head hitbox in the first picture)
[red: body hit box and upper body hitbox. the latter is just to make it still possible to hit the head from below the target]
[yellow: head hit box, 4x damage.]
[orange: arms hit boxes. they do the same damage as body hits]
[brown: legs hit boxes. they will do only 0.8x damage, however the legs aren't protected by armor in pvp gamemodes.]
[blue: stomach hit box. any shot on them will do 1.25x damage, which is 25% more]
As you can easily see, the new hitboxes make it slightly harder to hit a player, especially if they're turned sideways from you, making it difficult to hit the arms and legs.
The head hitbox is bigger now, which means easier headshots but also means more random headshots while spraying. However, there aren't body hitboxes around the head anymore, so if one tries to hit the head and misses it, they won't still hit the body.
Hitting the new stomach hitbox deals 25% more damage, which effectively means that the R8 Revolver can deal a 1 hit kill to the stomach at point blank range (only).
You take 20% less damage when shot in the legs; however, the legs are not protected by armor, so any weapons with less than 80% armor penetration deals more damage on the legs than in the chest/arms. The math is pretty easy: Take the M4A4, which has 70% armor penetration. When shot in the chest, you take 70% of normal damage due to the armor protecting you. When shot in the legs, you take 80% of normal damage because you take less damage in the legs but no armor protecting you. This effectively means that the M4A4 can kill enemies in 4 hits in the legs but 5 hits in the chest.
- Increased Movement Inaccuracy of SMGs
Yes, people were complaining about the MP7 being too accurate while moving, while it is actually still one of the least-accurate-while-moving SMGs, even after the buff in the previous patch. This update reduces the moving accuracy of ALL SMGs to discourage shooting while moving and encourage burst firing with the elevated recoil recovery speeds of SMGs in the server.
- Removed "Static Recoil" for the M82
The M82 does not have the inaccuracy caused by having to zoom in again after each shot anymore. Bolt action rifles have such mechanics because the character has to pull the bolt after each shot, and zoom in again. This means that the next shot is less accurate just as if one fires a shot too shortly after zooming in. Since the M82 is a semi-automatic sniper rifle, it does not need such mechanic.
- New Infected Map - Deserted
We are happy to announce the most beautifully-made Infected map ever - Deserted. The map is for the most part done by Kiathro, and I did some late rework to make it more suitable for gameplay and add some aesthetic elements. This map takes place in a desert with sand-styled buildings. Multiple camping/hiding spots are available for survivors with some of them requiring more than one zombie to collaborate in order to reach the survivors. This map is recommended for 4 players or more, although the map does not require a certain amount of players to be able to be played.
- New FFA Map - Townhall
Join the game to see what it looks like!
This new close-quarters free-for-all map consists of a town hall building with thematic displays on the four corners of it. The map is inspired by a similarly named map (Town Hall Frenzy) that we used to test an alpha PvP mode, and it adapts a similar structure as the old map. There is a piston with a slime block that allows players to get boosted on top of the roof and snipe players in the corners of the map. Otherwise the battlefield is pretty close-quarters, and players should expect often engaging enemies from less than ten blocks away often, so a close quarters secondary weapon, like the CZ75-Auto or the High Voltage Gloves, is recommended when playing in this map.
GunColony is now updated with a few awesome features during the the Good Friday weekend.
The Five-SeveN is now available to players who are at least level 24. This pistol is slightly more accurate than the P250 and has a higher armor penetration, but less powerful against unarmored enemies. It is able to deal 1-hit-kill headshots in distances up to about 10 blocks distance from an armored player. However, it has a significantly higher recoil than many other pistols such as the P250, P2000, and USP-S. This pistol features a very detailed model and its unique appearance will definitely shine on the battlefield.
SG 553 Aesthetic Update
The popular assault rifle SG 553 has received a large change to its appearance. The new SG 553 model is the most detailed model yet in GunColony, and upon scoping in, the gun will locate itself to the center of the screen, so it feels like you are actually aiming down the sights.
This update is coming soon for other scoped rifles with the new scope-in animation, and eventually for other weapons as well.
Flashbangs now actually work in both PVP and MobArena and no longer makes you invisible from any enemies affected from it.
PVP Map Voting System
Now after each PVP match you will be presented an option to vote for the next map. Just type /pvp vote <map>! If multiple maps have the same amount of votes, one will randomly be chosen.
Why Update to 1.9?
Currently, you can join GunColony with both 1.8 and 1.9 clients, while the new Hostile server only allows 1.9 players to join. We have finished all promised updates before we update to 1.9: PVP Updates, more realistic CS:GO gun mechanics, and a "GTA Server" which Hostile is a great substitute for. We are now updating to 1.9 because that unlocks some exciting new mechanics to the game, including the original Muzzle Flash that is currently included in Hostile, a new bullet tracer, and the ability to add up to about 10,000 different gun skins to the game.
But, but... 1.9??
We are aware of the new combat updates that are coming with 1.9. The pathfinding of mobs has became smarter allowing MobArena to become a bigger challenge. At the same time, since zombies in Infected are affected by the update, we will take advantage of it and give zombies axes instead of swords that deal very high damage, but attacks as slow as a normal Minecraft 1.9 axe. The combat changes will NOT affect guns.
Will GunColony still work with 1.8?
GunColony will no longer support 1.8 players once updated to 1.9. We will open a coin bonus event that will last a few days after the update, so you can enjoy your new experience on the server.
The 1.9 update will most likely also include some other exciting features. Players will be immediately able to enjoy the new bullet tracers and the muzzle flash. We will also change the colors in the chat to make it a lot more nicer.
After the update, we will make some changes to the voting system, accompanied with a daily reward system. Voting will permanently increase the chance to obtain better items in daily rewards, in addition to gaining other rewards exclusive to voting.
We will redo most, if not all, of the gun models, and those new models will incorporate original textures to make them look nicer. And finally, we will add different skins for the guns, which players can trade with each other.
There will be an upgrade system, where you can add upgrade points to a weapon by finding the weapon from games or buy them from other players in an all-new Market. When enough points are accumulated, the weapon will unlock upgrades. For example, if you want to upgrade your AK-47, you must find AK-47s (with any skin or without a skin) as loot in-game. Then, you will use your "main" AK-47 to consume the other AK-47 to give it an upgrade point, while the other disappears.
What about Hostile?
Hostile is a new server that is still constantly updated. We are looking for a better map - if all else fails, we will use the GTA map - to allow more PVP to happen and more loot to be collected by the player. We will also update the equipment system, changing the loot drop rates in addition to making armor better than leather obtainable.
Update: We will probably not be doing the full 1.9 update very soon, because the majority of players that are playing the server are still using 1.8 versions. However, we will occasionally add 1.9-only features to the game. Things like muzzle flash, skins, etc. can all be added without a full 1.9 conversion update. However, we are not reverting Hostile to 1.8 due to its realistic nature that fits will with the new 1.9 melee combat mechanics.
A New Website? Why?
We thought we needed a new website because this one was getting old. With the new website, there are more features and some nice updates added periodically.
Who's Going to be Moderating the New Website?
Mostly me, and I'll give certain privileges to Kiathro and the other mods. Everyone will get the appropriate tag. I.e. If you're a regular user that hasn't bought VIP, your tag will show up as Player. If you're a VIP on the server (in-game), then your tag will show up as VIP*. This will be done for all users.
* Could be a lighter color. Also, we will figure out how to automagically make it sort tags out.
So What's New?
Just about everything. Since it's a brand new website, it's a clean slate! You can now like people's threads and replies and everything is there for quick accessibility. There will be a more advanced staff application. Only staff can view the submissions (sorry if you didn't want to hear that), and only Hky and I can accept or deny them. This may change later on, in the future.
Great! Anything Else?
All I would like to say is that this is not a perfect forum website, and we don't plan on it being perfect any time soon. I will continue trying to make some clean updates for the website every week or so, meaning new features will be added almost all the time. I will try to make it possible for you to report players and issues privately as well, whether they be on the forum or in-game.
Thanks For Reading! Have A Great Day!