Alpine Trench Discussion

General discussions about the server, gameplay, etc.
pale1
Builder
Builder
MC Username: pale1
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 61 times

Alpine Trench Discussion

Post by pale1 » 7 months ago

Hey folks! I'm creating this thread to gather some feedback for Alpine Trench. Much of Hostile will take place in maps of around this size, so we want feedback on the looks, layout, and size. Keep in mind, the guns in Hostile will be slightly modified to operate better at these distances.

TotalyRosssome
MC Username: TotalyRosssome
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 7 months ago

I absolutely love the map except for the fact that after about 100 blocks my normal vision gives up on me. I’d like to see tunnels running under the map to the other players sides, and I would also like to see more use of trees( maybe add in a tree house system). That’s is all. I love the map so much

pale1
Builder
Builder
MC Username: pale1
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by pale1 » 7 months ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
7 months ago
I absolutely love the map except for the fact that after about 100 blocks my normal vision gives up on me. I’d like to see tunnels running under the map to the other players sides, and I would also like to see more use of trees( maybe add in a tree house system). That’s is all. I love the map so much
Having a system of tunnels or tree houses would increase the map's area by too large of an amount, and also would probably give players too much space to hide. With a low player count, I could easily see this being problematic, as players would have trouble finding enemies. In it's current state, even with <5 players, TDM is still enjoyable since all players will tend to come to the middle region or close to it.

Asrielite
MC Username: Asrielite
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Asrielite » 7 months ago

The current meta of alpine is to 1. Camp mid in the safety of your spawn 2. Snipe on vantage points like the house or behind cover of trenches 3. Run like a madman across mid with an assault rifle.

Mgs and smgs arent used much because of the bullet drop. Unless the whole team decides to charge at the other trenches (which would look awesome) and fight in enclosed spaces.
Cheytach is hot "oof" Asrielite 2017-Present Image

YeetHavok
0-99
0-99
MC Username: Lo1O
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by YeetHavok » 7 months ago

Maybe add more cover to the empty area of the map. Also add some cover to spawns, or block off the high mountains.

TotalyRosssome
MC Username: TotalyRosssome
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 7 months ago

YeetHavok wrote:
7 months ago
Maybe add more cover to the empty area of the map. Also add some cover to spawns, or block off the high mountains.
High Mountains are blocked off in AlpineTrench TDM, but not scenario mode. Adding cover to the empty area is probably the exact opposite of the purpose it’s used for. The middle is no mans land, and it’s not meant to be camped in.

Vernonon
MC Username: Fart_Sniffer
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Vernonon » 7 months ago

Alpine is great map IMO,its is also the only big map for GC,I wish for more big map soon ;D
I'M UR WORST NIGHTMARE !!!!!