My thoughts and feedback on the moderation.

General discussions about the server, gameplay, etc.
ryanmoneyman
600-699
600-699
MC Username: ryanmoneyman
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times

My thoughts and feedback on the moderation.

Post by ryanmoneyman » 7 months ago

I am here to address an issue that has been cut loose for too long. Some of our staff have not been able to sustain their duty as a staff member. The main person I am talking about is a staff member by the name of MontyMarks. He is a very good guy, I respect him a ton and I wanted him to be successful. However despite this, he does not always seem to be a good fit for the staff team. There will be other mentions in this post. Please read the whole thing before responding.

I have seen him falsely mute other users. Two examples are shown below.

One user got salty and said the full word “ahole.” Monty warned him for “bypassing.” That word was not blocked by the filter, so it wasn’t bypassing at all. The 2 victims tried to explain themselves that the word ahole was not blocked, so it cannot be bypassing. Despite the explanations, Monty muted them for “bypassing.”

People discovered a bug in the filter. Kometta explained why the bug was happening. Then Monty warned him for bypassing even though it wasn’t cursing in any way. Kometta said a s k s in order to say the word he was trying to say. Because of that, Monty muted him even he was not cursing. I find it funny because other people did the same thing Kometta did. So why was he the only one that was muted?

Next, I would like to point out that he false banned someone just today.

A user was doing well at pvp. Monty asked if he was hacking and he said yes. So Monty banned him for xray. Saying that you are hacking can easily be faked as a joke.

Later, I confronted him and he then accused me of trying to get my rank back. I had zero intention of doing such a thing and I was only trying to tell him how banning someone for saying they hack is ridiculous. I asked him for proof when he claimed he had some, but refused to share it, which tells me he is trying to hide the fact that he had no proof. He later then accused me of trying to get him demoted. I never want him to be demoted, I want him to become an admin one day. But he can’t become one due to his actions.

I believe that gun colony does not deserve Monty’s actions in its atmosphere. I am not here to ask for him to be demoted, but for a higher ranked staff member to have a discussion with Monty in hopes to bring light to this server.

Out of the Monty situation, Helodermas has been way too strict about the rules. He has even begged for his application to be accepted which is not ok.
See attachments below.

Other staff members have not been online almost at all since they were accepted. Steve happy is who I’m talking about.

#SulfurFilmzingsForOwner2019

Please do not take this as a hate post, I am posting this as a platform for improvement.

Thank you.
Attachments
8EA2A51C-3180-4C79-8EFB-59D3EE6C0FEB.jpeg
8EA2A51C-3180-4C79-8EFB-59D3EE6C0FEB.jpeg (63.39 KiB) Viewed 373 times
1942EAAA-7BC6-4D2C-8194-D0BF5B087A35.jpeg
1942EAAA-7BC6-4D2C-8194-D0BF5B087A35.jpeg (200.7 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Image Image Image
BELIEVE IN MONSTERS, BECAUSE I AM ONE

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: skylineLM
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Turbo » 7 months ago

I think it's not just the staff, but players too. This server as a whole really needs a refresh on what the hell we're doing.
Let me see how you gonna treat me, I ain't no easy- Better think about it TWICE~

Rijam
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Rijam
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Rijam » 7 months ago

inb4 flame war

inb4 "omg Rijam read the post and didn't do anything about it."

Breaks
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Breaks
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by Breaks » 7 months ago

Here's what I think:
ryanmoneyman wrote:
7 months ago
One user got salty and said the full word “ahole.” Monty warned him for “bypassing.” That word was not blocked by the filter, so it wasn’t bypassing at all. The 2 victims tried to explain themselves that the word ahole was not blocked, so it cannot be bypassing. Despite the explanations, Monty muted them for “bypassing.”
Although "ahole" isn't in the filter, it's still considered cussing. The typical use for when someone says something rude in chat is to say they're bypassing, in which Monty did. However, although he made a mistake in which rule they broke, they still were rightfully punished.
ryanmoneyman wrote:
7 months ago
People discovered a bug in the filter. Kometta explained why the bug was happening. Then Monty warned him for bypassing even though it wasn’t cursing in any way. Kometta said a s k s in order to say the word he was trying to say. Because of that, Monty muted him even he was not cursing. I find it funny because other people did the same thing Kometta did. So why was he the only one that was muted?
I don't know about this one. It's kind of confusing. I don't agree that he should have really muted Kometta, but I'd rather just blame the chat filter on this one for being flawed.
ryanmoneyman wrote:
7 months ago
A user was doing well at pvp. Monty asked if he was hacking and he said yes. So Monty banned him for xray. Saying that you are hacking can easily be faked as a joke.
The player who was "wrongfully punished" here should go and appeal on the forums. Monty and Deceiving said that the guy was blatant. Deceiving typically doesn't lie in scenarios like this and is usually on the right side for when people get banned, so I'll trust him.
ryanmoneyman wrote:
7 months ago
Later, I confronted him and he then accused me of trying to get my rank back. I had zero intention of doing such a thing and I was only trying to tell him how banning someone for saying they hack is ridiculous. I asked him for proof when he claimed he had some, but refused to share it, which tells me he is trying to hide the fact that he had no proof. He later then accused me of trying to get him demoted. I never want him to be demoted, I want him to become an admin one day. But he can’t become one due to his actions.
Okay, things were seriously inappropriate here. You, Ryan, should not have done what you did and said that you were hacking. Not a great idea, because if you were banned, more and more flame would've just been added to the pile. Monty should not have gone for the "you're trying to get TMOD back", especially since you really don't seem like you want it back at all. Both of you just oughta finally learn your lesson one day.
ryanmoneyman wrote:
7 months ago
I believe that gun colony does not deserve Monty’s actions in its atmosphere. I am not here to ask for him to be demoted, but for a higher ranked staff member to have a discussion with Monty in hopes to bring light to this server.
Copy/paste from Vexy's post about you? lol
ryanmoneyman wrote:
7 months ago
Out of the Monty situation, Helodermas has been way too strict about the rules. He has even begged for his application to be accepted which is not ok.
I haven't received any reports from players complaining that Helo has been "too strict", so I'll go with the flow until I see that come up.
ryanmoneyman wrote:
7 months ago
Other staff members have not been online almost at all since they were accepted. Steve happy is who I’m talking about.
Steve may get demoted for inactivity soon.
--------
Now, in response to your attachment you used to attack me:
I was busy at the time of when people were asking me to ban Vicvin. Eventually I did ban him, which was less than 5 minutes later.