Any Help?

General discussions about the server, gameplay, etc.
asdfpoo
0-99
0-99
MC Username: asdfpoo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Any Help?

Post by asdfpoo » 4 months ago

I want to slightly retexture some of the guns that I use often - can anyone help me with where to get started and how to see these models in game without having to go onto gc and play? Also, please tell me how textures work on GC and how the texture of a file, (ak47.png as an example), sort of fits and works. It looks really complicated, and I don't know what to do and how the texture fits into an AK. I can use paint.net and thats about it
PS it must take rijam a lot of depressing time editing these models lol
give me the z u c c

awesomepetie35
MC Username: awesomepetie35
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by awesomepetie35 » 4 months ago

@Rijam boom roasted
I"M PICKLE RICK!!!!!!!!

asdfpoo
0-99
0-99

awesomepetie35 wrote:
4 months ago
@Rijam boom roasted
it wasn't supposed to be a roast but okay :funny: :funny:
give me the z u c c

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 4 months ago

asdfpoo wrote:
4 months ago
awesomepetie35 wrote:
4 months ago
@Rijam boom roasted
I’m sure rijam could tell you how to download stuff. I was able to figure out some stuff of my own by working off of his.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: cartBNR
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by Turbo » 4 months ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
4 months ago
asdfpoo wrote:
4 months ago
awesomepetie35 wrote:
4 months ago
@Rijam boom roasted
I’m sure rijam could tell you how to download stuff. I was able to figure out some stuff of my own by working off of his.
I'm sure rijam could tell you how to speak english. I was able to figure out some stuff of my own by stealing off of his.
みあがいっちばーん!

Rijam
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Rijam
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Rijam » 4 months ago

asdfpoo wrote:
4 months ago
I want to slightly retexture some of the guns that I use often - can anyone help me with where to get started and how to see these models in game without having to go onto gc and play?
Pirate the resource pack so you can use it in singleplayer. All the guns are iron hoes, skins are diamond hoes, and the mod pannels are iron shovels.
asdfpoo wrote:
4 months ago
Also, please tell me how textures work on GC and how the texture of a file, (ak47.png as an example), sort of fits and works. It looks really complicated, and I don't know what to do and how the texture fits into an AK. I can use paint.net and thats about it
ak47.png and ak47_2.png are the textures that the AK-47 uses. Do not try to edit the AK-74M or AK-103 textures. Editing the ak47.png and ak47_2.png textures will also change the AKS-74u and RPK. If you want to edit the AK-47, copy the textures and make the model use the copied version so it doesn't mess up the AKS and RPK.

c4.png, c4_beep.png, c4_plant.png, colt_revolver.png, colt_revolver_fire.png, d3au1.png, g3sg1.png, g3sg1_polarcamo.png, defusal_kit.png, defusal_kit_cs.png, glock.png, glock18.png, glock18_fade.png, karambit.png, karambit_void.png, karambit_gold.png, p2000.png, p2000_fireelemental.png, uzi.png, and uzi_candyapple.png are the texture that you could edit. Don't try to edit the M45A1 or MAC-10 skins or you'll give yourself a head ache. The G3SG1 and Glock18 uv's are just ok; they are missing detail. Carefull when editing the default uv's since other guns might use them too. For example the XD uses the tan color on the Glock18 uv.

I recomend downloading BlockBench or MrCrayfish's 3D Modeler so you can import the models and the textures into them. You could then change the texture and then see where it goes on the model. (easier than doing it in game.)

All other guns that don't have a uv use the lightguntexture.png, brightguntexture.png, normalguntexture.png, and darkguntexture.png. (well I don't actually think any of them use the darkguntexture, but it's there.) They might use other textures like wood.png or greencover.png. Look inside the model to see what textures they use. At their current state, I would just edit the model entirely so you can choose what textures you want it to use and you can see what you are editing.
asdfpoo wrote:
4 months ago
PS it must take rijam a lot of depressing time editing these models lol
Yes, espesially the AK-47. (one of the reasons I haven't started on the M4's yet.)

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 4 months ago

Is it bad that some of the textures just straight up crash the program or is that a safety method
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

asdfpoo
0-99
0-99

Rijam thanks!
give me the z u c c

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: cartBNR
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by Turbo » 4 months ago

Rijam wrote:
4 months ago
I recommend downloading BlockBench or MrCrayfish's 3D Modeler so you can import the models and the textures into them. You could then change the texture and then see where it goes on the model. (easier than doing it in game.)
After a month of MrCrayfish, I seriously can't recommend it at all lol. BlockBench seems a friendlier option.
みあがいっちばーん!