Small Aesthetic Improvements

Suggest new features for the server here.
pale1
Builder
Builder
MC Username: pale1
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 55 times

Small Aesthetic Improvements

Post by pale1 » 2 months ago

Hello folks welcome back 2 another suggestion borfist 👊

In this post I want to discuss a couple small changes I believe will make the server and the gameplay more enjoyable.

More sounds for Bullet Impacts
There are already a couple unique sounds for blocks being hit by bullets in game so I don't think it should be too hard to add some more. Some possibilities are dinging noise if you hit a gold or diamond block, and perhaps a more percussive noise for hitting iron blocks. In addition maybe shooting note blocks could play their respective notes. There are probably other blocks we can add sounds to if we wanted.
These sounds would be a great addition because they add a bit of surprise and variety when placed on maps, give players a way to locate each other (without the use of a minimap) that is comparable to cs:go, and appeals to younger kids because they'll love the noises. These sounds make the maps much more lively when scattered throughout places where combat happens often or where it happens sparingly. From a realism standpoint it also kind of makes sense. The only negative I see is people overusing these. To fix this, I suggest we add block breaking which I'll discuss right now.

Block Breaking

Block breaking doesn't mean every block will break. Only a select few need to be breakable (like blocks with distinct noises or glass). For gold and iron we could use yellow and white concrete powder respectively. For a block like glass or glass panes, the "broken block" would be air. This means we'd finally be able to shoot through windows and break glass.

Shooting Windows and Breaking Glass
If you add the previous feature, then this can be added pretty easily. Being able to shoot through and break windows with the knife would be a great addition to make the server more like cs:go and add more interactivity to the maps.

Environment Sounds
Some maps in cs:go have different environmental sounds that are played occasionally during the map. Things like the sound of flowing water, animal noises, etc. (we can choose whether we want to add sounds via the resource pack or to use minecraft ones).

Interactive Jukeboxes

To put it simply I just want to be able to interact with jukeboxes in the maps to play music during pvp. I won't lie, I sometimes go into creative to turn on jukeboxes during pvp matches and players seem to enjoy it. I have a creative way of implementing this which should go as follows: When we add new crates specifically for cosmetic items like skins, we can also give players the ultra rare chance to earn music disks that can be played at Jukeboxes that can be found in the map. Players who own a disk can "equip" it in a similar fashion to the way you select guns to be in your shop menu, To use the equipped disk, look at a jukebox and a record will pop into your secondary hand. Right clicking will play the disk. It can be ejected just the same way it can be in regular minecraft except the disk won't drop. If you think this type of content will detract from serious gameplay, then take into account that this sort of addition is analogous to sprays in cs:go.

mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder
MC Username: Finnish_Man
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by mr_hidden217 » 2 months ago

I am fully on board with interactive elements like breakable glass, however am more sceptical about in-game ambient sounds and music.

For ambient sounds, I think they could definitely be added, but in a way to not hinder gameplay. For example, the sounds could be reduced in volume to not muffel player noises.

For in-game music, I will say that we should not add in-game music. This is something players can easily setup themselves using third party applications like Spotify, so I see no point in providing a feature that is already provided by others on the internet. However I will not complete throw away your idea, because it does hold some potential in other areas of the server.

I suggest adding music kits to the server like in CS:GO. For the ill-informed, these are short tracks played at the end a round to "celebrate" the mvp of the winning team. (In other words. At a rounds end, the winning teams MVP players music kit is played.) This system could be an amazing way to highlight the best performing player in a given round without hindering gameplay.

pale1
Builder
Builder
MC Username: pale1
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by pale1 » 2 months ago

mr_hidden217 wrote:
2 months ago
I am fully on board with interactive elements like breakable glass, however am more sceptical about in-game ambient sounds and music.

For ambient sounds, I think they could definitely be added, but in a way to not hinder gameplay. For example, the sounds could be reduced in volume to not muffel player noises.

For in-game music, I will say that we should not add in-game music. This is something players can easily setup themselves using third party applications like Spotify, so I see no point in providing a feature that is already provided by others on the internet. However I will not complete throw away your idea, because it does hold some potential in other areas of the server.

I suggest adding music kits to the server like in CS:GO. For the ill-informed, these are short tracks played at the end a round to "celebrate" the mvp of the winning team. (In other words. At a rounds end, the winning teams MVP players music kit is played.) This system could be an amazing way to highlight the best performing player in a given round without hindering gameplay.
Ambient sounds are definitely not intended to be very intrusive. One example I was thinking of are some bird noises for monastery that play at random times during the match (cs:go has this).

I think it’s okay to have music on disks because unlike a third party music program, playing a music disk during a match forces everyone to listen. Players who don’t want to listen could just lower their jukebox volume. I like the idea of adding music kits though.