[7/23 Updates] Stability Improvements

New GunColony server announcements are posted here!
Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Hky
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 85 times

[7/23 Updates] Stability Improvements

Post by Hky » 3 months ago

Hello all,

First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of activity recently. I am currently limited by real-life obligations and might not have as much time to update the server. I will try to hand some more power to our higher staff members in the coming days so they can keep the server awesome while I more or less resign to a supportive developer and overseer role for the next few months.

For today, though, I would like to roll out some minor stability improvements, fixes to issues that were introduced in our rushed attempt to provide 1.13 support. This should fix the BungeeCord crashing bugs plaguing the server for the last few days (and demanding a manual restart each time it happens).

For the time being you still have to download a separate resource pack to play on the server using 1.13.

I used to provide a custom system that automatically installed the right resource pack version back in the 1.8-1.9 days, but now things are more complicated as we now have multiple underlying servers and have to send resource packs at the proxy level to ensure that switching servers does not require the full reloading of the pack. So you need to wait for now while we find an external source to solve the problem. (We still recommend using 1.12 if possible.)

CHANGES
  • Updated Bungeecord to latest Spigot build
  • Updated Viaversion to latest release so the 1.13 experience is more bearable
  • Updated Linux packages in server (including Apache webserver and MySQL database) to hopefully improve stability

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: TurboR33
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Turbo » 3 months ago

Oh, thank god you finally told us. I get really damn irritated but at least you came back now. I don't know what kind of obligations you have for now but at least you're finding someone you give GC to. Even though I probably won't use 1.13 by the time I take a visit during Friday next week after I get some messes cleaned up.
みあがいっちばーん!

Rijam
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Rijam
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Rijam » 3 months ago

It looks like scaling the font pages does not work correctly anymore. The font page with the accuracy indicator is 512x512, where as the default is 256x256. We increased the resolution to have a more accurate accuracy indicator. I hope this scaling is fixed in 1.13.1 or we'll have to reduce the resolution.

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 3 months ago

Its completely ok to take sometime off for real life applications. Handing some power over to higher up staff was a good decision. Thank you hky :)
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

Turbo
VIP
VIP

Note: Something broke... again...
みあがいっちばーん!

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 3 months ago

Lol resource pack broke but the download I give people for the rs pack I use is more broke. http://www.mediafire.com/file/oej21p1w8 ... f.zip/file
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

Rijam
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Rijam
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Rijam » 3 months ago

Here, I'll give out my official versions:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s0d84oir8 ... 8+1.12.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/orrv5l59r ... 8+1.13.zip
The 1.13 one is still a little broken, be warned. (Accuracy indicator is messed up as I said in my post above, plus some textures are broken still like the AK-103 glass just because I forgot to update the texture.)

Turbo
VIP
VIP

Do we need to update Rijam too?
みあがいっちばーん!