[3/24 Updates] Bug Fix & Balance Update

New GunColony server announcements are posted here!
Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Hky
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 77 times

[3/24 Updates] Bug Fix & Balance Update

Post by Hky » 2 months ago

Hello all,

Today we have rolled out a few bug fixes as well as general changes to our gamemodes to make our gameplay a little smoother and looking a little better.

SCOPE CHANGES

We have changed scopes, adding more realistic zoom levels and muzzle flash effects. Now they are truly the best scopes in Minecraft!
  • Scopes now zoom in much more than before. Most sniper scopes zoom in at the maximum possible zoom level in Minecraft, the same zoom level as Slowness potion effects that make you completely unable to move.
  • Firing when scoped in will now display the muzzle flash in the center of the screen rather than in the right. This makes scoped view more realistic.
MAP CHANGES

Due to complaints of spawn camping on Nuke TDM, we have changed the modes in which Nuke can be played on. We have also tweaked the Mob-Arena map Abandon to fix some issues and improve its layout.
  • Nuke has been removed from Team Death Match and added to Defusal mode.
  • Nuke (NukeFFA) has been added to the Free For All mode.
  • Slight layout changes to Mob-Arena map Abandon. The truck area which used to be a dead end has received another entrance, and a couple of fixes are also rolled out to prevent mobs from getting stuck.
MOB-ARENA CHANGES

We have tweaked Mob-Arena so that players who seek a more casual experience can access easier Mob-Arena matches.
  • Normal mode replaced with Easy mode in the Mob-Arena lobby. You can still vote for Normal mode if you use /ma join to join a game.
  • Bosses now use skills slower in Easy and Normal difficulty
  • The Laser boss skill now triggers (even) faster in Hard and Normal difficulty
SNIPER RIFLE BALANCE CHANGES

We have done a couple balance changes to the sniper rifles, particularly to make the two anti-material rifles a more valuable pick.
  • Added a new modification to the M82 and NTW-20. The HE ammo increases damage greatly but reduces penetration, turning them more into huge Gauss guns instead of anti-material rifles. These modifications are meant to make the weapons more useful in Mob-Arena, but their downsides prevent them from becoming overpowered in Infected. The M82 with the HE ammo will kill Mob-Arena zombies in one body shot.
  • The NTW-20 now moves faster when not zoomed in
  • Increased the reload speed of M82, NTW-20, SVD, AWP, and K98k
  • Slightly increased the penetration power of the M82
  • Tweaked the reload sounds of several sniper rifles. The actual reload speed isn't changed.
BUG FIXES

We have fixed many bugs - some of these bugs have been around for a really long time, and they're finally gone!
  • You can now drop and pick up weapons properly in Mob-Arena and Infected modes.
  • Fixed a rare issue where players may spawn without weapons
  • Fixed an issue where mobs in Mob-Arena may spawn too close to players if they are moving
  • Fixed an issue where the Laser boss skill originated from the boss's feet
  • Fixed an issue where random armored zombies sometimes spawned baby zombies
  • Fixed an issue where villager zombies were not displayed properly
  • Fixed an issue where Iron Golems in Mob-Arena had incorrect HP
  • Grenades now work

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: _________
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Turbo » 2 months ago

....and when's the next major update?

Pretty interesting ammo mod on the NTW and M82, now I want a UMP-9.
Ichiban?

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Turbo wrote:
2 months ago

There probably won't be a single major update anytime soon. The weapon tech tree system will be our next priority, and that system will most likely be rolled out over a couple updates rather than in one "major" update.

The ammo mods in the NTW and M82 have the correct caliber (12.7 NATO and 20x82mm) and are just a different ammo type. The depiction of the HE ammo in game are actually quite realistic, since HE ammo in real life will explode in contact with all but the thinnest obstacles and therefore does not penetrate much. (There is also no splash damage, which is also a realistic depiction since the 12.7mm around is not enough to generate an explosion of considerable size, and the 20mm ammo is labeled as APHE which is designed to explode only after entering the target and therefore does not create any shrapnels in the outside.) On the other hand, UMP-9 fires a different caliber altogether compared to the UMP-45, so it is more likely to be added as a separate weapon rather than as a modification.

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: _________
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Turbo » 2 months ago

Hky wrote:
2 months ago
Turbo wrote:
2 months ago

UMP-9 fires a different caliber altogether compared to the UMP-45, so it is more likely to be added as a separate weapon rather than as a modification.
I know it uses a different caliber, why not a modification for max level instead? You already have the .30 mod for the Tommy Gun.
Ichiban?

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forgot to mention that I changed the 1 tick delay between player inventory saves to 5 ticks. This should greatly relieve the pressure of the inventory save action on the server.

mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder
MC Username: Finnish_Man
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by mr_hidden217 » 2 months ago

- For what reason was the APHE shell type added for the NTW-20 and M82 rather then the HE shell type? I think the HE type is much more suited for the role of raw- and splash-damage, compared to the APHE shell type that is simply a variant between the AP and HE in terms of penetration and raw damage.

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin

mr_hidden217 wrote:
2 months ago
- For what reason was the APHE shell type added for the NTW-20 and M82 rather then the HE shell type? I think the HE type is much more suited for the role of raw- and splash-damage, compared to the APHE shell type that is simply a variant between the AP and HE in terms of penetration and raw damage.
It was mainly that I currently do not have the code for custom ("virtual") projectiles to make an explosion on impact. HE rounds also travel a bit too slow for a sniper rifle, and the armor penetration has to be toned down as well to preserve realism which is not what I am trying to do with the anti-material sniper rifles (they should always have near 100% AP).

mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder
MC Username: Finnish_Man
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by mr_hidden217 » 2 months ago

Hky wrote:
2 months ago
It was mainly that I currently do not have the code for custom ("virtual") projectiles to make an explosion on impact. HE rounds also travel a bit too slow for a sniper rifle, and the armor penetration has to be toned down as well to preserve realism which is not what I am trying to do with the anti-material sniper rifles (they should always have near 100% AP).
- If the lack of plugins and code was the problem, I would say that the implementation of APHE shells is mere filler content that has no real purpose in-game except in MA and INF because of its extra damage.

- HE shells would been a more appropriate shell type for the APHE's job in that HE shells have double the damage of AP, the mechanic of splash damage and also zero damage drop of over distance with the downsides of a lower shell velocity and non-existent penetration as effective as a child poking holes into papier-mâché.

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin

mr_hidden217 wrote:
2 months ago
Hky wrote:
2 months ago
- If the lack of plugins and code was the problem, I would say that the implementation of APHE shells is mere filler content that has no real purpose in-game except in MA and INF because of its extra damage.

- HE shells would been a more appropriate shell type for the APHE's job in that HE shells have double the damage of AP, the mechanic of splash damage and also zero damage drop of over distance with the downsides of a lower shell velocity and non-existent penetration as effective as a child poking holes into papier-mâché.
I also dislike the concept of zero penetration because this creates problems - should the gun be able to penetrate glass? iron bars? a fence? etc.