Difficulty Rework for MA

Suggest new features for the server here.
Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: TurboR33
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 144 times

Difficulty Rework for MA

Post by Turbo » 8 months ago

Bland, bland, bland. You heard me right. Bland. I'm still a bit sour from the fact that Mob-Arena will most likely to never get an update in its entire life again. Difficulty level is barely only just a health and damage increase for everything and you better pray your luck the boss doesn't randomly teleport you into a bomb. Heck, you better start praying that the bombs won't actually hit you...

TL:DR MA needs a cool update that isn't just upping enemy health and damage.
Recruit (Easy) The enemy hides like cowards and your approach weakens them as you get closer. Casually slaughter them with ease.
- 50% less XP earned compared to Soldier difficulty.
- Enemies are very weak and can be killed from little to no effort.
- Ammunition is unlimited.
- Starting by level 30 (or 50 if the max limit increases), you will earn no rewards from playing this difficulty.
- You deal 2x more damage and instantly kill mobs to the head.
- Powerful and rare enemies are little to none of their existence.
- Health regeneration is very quick.
- Only up to Iron crates can be earned.

Soldier (Normal) The enemy is matched eye to eye, but with fair skill and finesse, your triumph and victories show your progress.
- Normal XP earned.
- Enemies are at their normal state and are killed with regular times.
- Ammunition is now limited and gives you 3x the max ammunition.
- You deal normal damage and most mobs will die within a headshot depending on the weapon and enemy.
- Powerful and rare enemies are spawned at a normal rate.
- Health regeneration is at normal state.
- Up to Diamond crates can be earned.

Veteran (Hard) The enemies become stronger, faster, and more powerful at their rate. Show your mastered skill on the field and demonstrate your own sharp blade. But survival is not guaranteed, play at your own risk.
- 150% XP earned.
- Enemies are much more powerful and gain an extra type of attack.
- Ammunition is now limited and gives you 2x the max ammunition.
- You deal less damage and headshots are much more important.
- Powerful and rare enemies are spawned at a higher rate and gain two new abilities.
- Health regeneration is much slower.
- Up to Exotic crates can be earned as the minimum crate level is Iron or higher.

Legendary (Unlocked at Level 30) There is no hope. But, can you survive? The infected long ago to took over the entire world and no single man could stop them. You fought long and hard and gave Earth your all to achieve this point. Fight if you must, but understand that you owe Earth nothing. Your efforts will line on the annals of history, and all of humanity will sing your praises for centuries to come. Be the Legend if you desire and fight for all you can, but you know this is not a battle you can easily win. Only a fool would endure the punishment.
- 200% XP earned.
- Enemies can gain up to 5 different attacks and some enemies can regenerate health.
- Ammunition is now very limited and gives you the same amount PvP gives.
- Critical hits are much more powerful, but body shots deal from little to almost no damage.
- Sometimes major or even ultra-bosses from other maps can spawn as a rare mob in this difficulty only.
- Health regeneration is like PvP, basically disabled unless you get a healing gadget.
- Bosses hit you with endless pain...
- At minimum you can earn a Gold Crate, but rumors say about a mysterious crate being passed around...
- 4 unique weapons and 3 weapon parts only from this difficulty
- EPIC PKP Pecheneg (Abandon)
- EPIC UMP-9 (Suburb)
- EPIC Norinco 982 (Infection)
- EPIC Rhino 60DS (Range)
- Rare Pistol Body Frame (Starter)
- Rare Pistol Receiver (Blizzard)
- Rare Pistol Internals (Nether)
- Collect all 3 weapon parts and assemble yourself a unique Legendary pistol.
Last edited by Turbo on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
みあがいっちばーん!

EliasWild
100-199
100-199
MC Username: EliasWild
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by EliasWild » 8 months ago

I like
"sry we only speak in memes" - Elias

SilverFlaming
MC Username: SilverFlaming
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by SilverFlaming » 8 months ago

I agree with this but one change I would make is like for easy if you finish you have a 100% chance for an iron,
and if you do hard only gold to exotic can be earned because getting wood or no crate on hard is painful.
SILVERFLAMING

mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder
MC Username: Finnish_Man
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by mr_hidden217 » 8 months ago

- I think buffing enemy stats and nerfing player weapons would not entirly fix the major problem of making the gamemode "Fun" or "Intetesting". I think changing the MobArena mechanics to something similar to the Call of Duty survival mode would work better on fixing the 2 problems.

- The current survival mode works in the bases of placing a bunch zombies (aroubd 10-20 to 1) in a open map and the players job is to mow them down. This is what I would call a "The Rambo Style" gamemode.
- On the other hand we have a CoD style gamemode with unlockable areas with their own unique supplies and weapon/armor upgrades that make each playthrough different. This also forces players to cooperate on what upgrades they want, rather then going solo and fighting for the "Most Kills" spot on the leader board.

Vernonon
300-399
300-399
MC Username: Fart_Sniffer
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Vernonon » 8 months ago

I sapport
I'M UR WORST NIGHTMARE !!!!!

Turbo
VIP
VIP

mr_hidden217 wrote:
8 months ago
- I think buffing enemy stats and nerfing player weapons would not entirly fix the major problem of making the gamemode "Fun" or "Intetesting". I think changing the MobArena mechanics to something similar to the Call of Duty survival mode would work better on fixing the 2 problems.

- The current survival mode works in the bases of placing a bunch zombies (aroubd 10-20 to 1) in a open map and the players job is to mow them down. This is what I would call a "The Rambo Style" gamemode.
- On the other hand we have a CoD style gamemode with unlockable areas with their own unique supplies and weapon/armor upgrades that make each playthrough different. This also forces players to cooperate on what upgrades they want, rather then going solo and fighting for the "Most Kills" spot on the leader board.
I'm currently looking into the CoD survival systems because I'm currently writing other reworks as well along with the difficulty levels. Thanks tho.
みあがいっちばーん!

Turbo
VIP
VIP

SilverFlaming wrote:
8 months ago
I agree with this but one change I would make is like for easy if you finish you have a 100% chance for an iron,
and if you do hard only gold to exotic can be earned because getting wood or no crate on hard is painful.
Ah, I forgot to mention this.
みあがいっちばーん!