Bomb drop in defusal

Suggest new features for the server here.
appelpie
0-99
0-99
MC Username: appelpie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Bomb drop in defusal

Post by appelpie » 1 month ago

Simply put, tracking a dropped bomb by a team via coordinates is confusing. It distracts the players from the game by making them concentrate on walking in the right direction by checking F3.

To avoid this hassle, some entity should be created to highlight the position of the bomb. I'm not sure which of these are possible, but here are some suggestions:

- Give dropped bomb a name overhead visible only to the Terrorist team
- Create an entity which can only give a T the bomb and has the effect highlight around it
- Literally create sections of the map as callouts based on their coordinates

The last solution seems the most implausible, but the first seems the easiest. However, the second solution may require more work to code such an entity. Let me know what you think.

-appel

P.S. No rush, I know about the computer

TheVanishedG
VIP
VIP
MC Username: GameReplixer
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by TheVanishedG » 1 month ago

In my opinion, I like suggestion #1

pale1
Builder
Builder
MC Username: pale1
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by pale1 » 1 month ago

I think it might also be possible to add the same glowing effect that you can give to entities using Spectral arrows. If it isn't possible to directly give this effect directly to the bomb it certainly is possible to give the effect to another invisible entity above the bomb.

Ronny_Wolf
0-99
0-99
MC Username: Ronny_Wolf
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ronny_Wolf » 1 month ago

Maybe the Glowing effect will help.

Breaks
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Breaks
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Breaks » 1 month ago

appelpie wrote:
1 month ago
- Give dropped bomb a name overhead visible only to the Terrorist team
This wouldn't really help, and I'm not sure if you can allow an entity to only have a showing name for a specific team/player.
appelpie wrote:
1 month ago
- Create an entity which can only give a T the bomb and has the effect highlight around it
The bomb is a tile entity, and I'm positive that you can give a tile entity the glowing effect. Entirely possible.
appelpie wrote:
1 month ago
- Literally create sections of the map as callouts based on their coordinates
This is very possible, but will require a scoreboard. This way, you can check the scoreboard to know which region of the map you're in (like Long A in Dust II). We could use WorldGuard regions and take the name data of the region to display on the scoreboard. Extremely possible and really easy to implement.

Rijam
Builder
Builder
MC Username: Rijam
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Rijam » 1 month ago

Hky was just thinking a compass that points to where the bomb is if you don't have the bomb.
If the flamer was fixed to not destroy paintings and item frames, then we could place paintings around the maps to tell you where the bomb sites are. That would also help a lot of new players. (Literally the flamer is the only thing left that destroys paintings and item frames, not even the grenades destroy them.)

Breaks wrote:The bomb is a tile entity, and I'm positive that you can give a tile entity the glowing effect. Entirely possible.
Small correction: the bomb is currently an item, so it would be an entity not a tile entity. What you said is still true though. (tile entities/block entities are blocks that store extra info in them. Example: chests are blocks but have to store what's inside of them, so it's a tile entity).

Breaks
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Breaks
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Breaks » 1 month ago

Rijam wrote:
1 month ago
Small correction: the bomb is currently an item, so it would be an entity not a tile entity. What you said is still true though. (tile entities/block entities are blocks that store extra info in them. Example: chests are blocks but have to store what's inside of them, so it's a tile entity).
Yeah I get entities and tile entities mixed up a lot. Thanks for the correction.