Gun leveling system.

Suggest new features for the server here.
HotCold
0-99
0-99
MC Username: HotCold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Gun leveling system.

Post by HotCold » 4 weeks ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
1 month ago
Well I find leveling up and getting better at the game fun. Changes may not seem noticeable but I find them very differing to the game play. Seeing as there are enough updates to keep the game interesting for me you may not find it like that. If I want a challenge I’d rather not have forced upgrades without dentriments to the gameplay.
If youre reffering to leveling up guns, its not fun at all. Leveling up guns is a chore if anything, because the server's idea of satisfying progression is locking content behind uneccesary level requirements. This means if I want to get, for example, an ak103, im gonna have to level a whole bunch of other, not so satisfying weapons. At the very least implimenting a buff to people who put in the hours to level up their weapons gives them some sort of inspiration to continue. I say this as a fairly new player, (lvl 21, joined about a week and a half ago) maybe from your lvl 60 perspective where youve most likely unlocked all the weapons, and are already very experienced, you feel like you need a "challenge" but if youre trying to apeal to the NEW demographic, then adding an incentive leveling system is fine. Any player who joins and likes the server's content will appreciate the fact that they too can get better. Players who turn their nose and leave becuase the server has a system in place to reward loyal players, probably wasnt going to stick around to begin with.

asdfpoo
0-99
0-99
MC Username: asdfpoo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by asdfpoo » 4 weeks ago

On my level 12 alt account I can sort of relate to this. But it isn't as bad as HotCold describes it. I think its a pretty fair system for new players, and that it just needs a few tweaks to be better. I think what would be better, would be that the leveling up system is easier to understand. GunColony offers a huge range of different sub-categories of things to do and "level up", and I think that by making things more clear to new players, it would be better. For example, if a new player clicks on pvp, then there should be a tutorial on how to defuse the bomb, or how to buy weapons, etc. etc.
give me the z u c c

TheSexiestJames
0-99
0-99
MC Username: TheSexiestJames
Been liked: 3 times

Post by TheSexiestJames » 4 weeks ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
1 month ago
TheSexiestJames wrote:
1 month ago
TheVanishedG wrote:
1 month ago
Each time you level up your gun, you unlock new mods that can tweak the gun, just so you know.
Each of those upgrades really sucks tho
Then don’t use them. If they suck that bad, it is obviously user error.
Not user error my friend, user preference. Is it really a level-up if its making the gun worse?

ryanmoneyman
600-699
600-699
MC Username: ryanmoneyman
Been liked: 72 times

Post by ryanmoneyman » 4 weeks ago

TheSexiestJames wrote:
4 weeks ago
Not user error my friend, user preference. Is it really a level-up if its making the gun worse?
Wait, how does leveling up a gun make it worse? Leveling up makes you obtain more attachments, which you can use to make the gun's performance better to use in-game. I do not see what is so bad about that.
Image Image Image
BELIEVE IN MONSTERS, BECAUSE I AM ONE

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 4 weeks ago

TheSexiestJames wrote:
4 weeks ago
TotalyRosssome wrote:
1 month ago
TheSexiestJames wrote:
1 month ago

Each of those upgrades really sucks tho
As I said, you don't have to use attachments, so its not making it any worse.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

HotCold
0-99
0-99
MC Username: HotCold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by HotCold » 4 weeks ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
4 weeks ago
TheSexiestJames wrote:
4 weeks ago
TotalyRosssome wrote:
1 month ago

The problem isnt that its "not making it any worse" the problem is that it doesnt benifit at all due to overpunishing it's use, essentialy making it so leveling up your weapon is pointless aside from tech tree requirements.

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP

Post by TotalyRosssome » 4 weeks ago

HotCold wrote:
4 weeks ago
TotalyRosssome wrote:
4 weeks ago
TheSexiestJames wrote:
4 weeks ago

The problem isnt that its "not making it any worse" the problem is that it doesnt benifit at all due to overpunishing it's use, essentialy making it so leveling up your weapon is pointless aside from tech tree requirements.
Its not over punishing either. Leveling up the gun to make it benefited is a disadvantage against the players of lower levels. Also, please name me one attachement that does more bad than good.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Hky
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Hky » 3 weeks ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
4 weeks ago
HotCold wrote:
4 weeks ago
TotalyRosssome wrote:
4 weeks ago

Its not over punishing either. Leveling up the gun to make it benefited is a disadvantage against the players of lower levels. Also, please name me one attachement that does more bad than good.
AP ammo :smirk:

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Hky
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Hky » 3 weeks ago

TheSexiestJames wrote:
1 month ago
To start this off- the leveling system for guns sucks. Not only are the perks unlocked not that good, the negatives of them outweigh to positive indefinitely.

To solve this I propose a system where every time you level up a gun, you get a perk. That would be an extra 0.25 dmg, maybe 3% less spread, etc. Obviously, you could have the more common guns have less of a boost, like 0.05 dmg or something like that. This way you aren't hurting the guns ability to function how it should, but there still is a reward for leveling it.
It used to be like that - every level simply gave a flat stat boost - until I considered it unbalanced (even a .5% damage boost per level stacked up to way too much) and replaced it with the current system. Most modification do seem like they do something negative to the weapon overall, and that's sometimes true because we do not want the them to be "too good" on any weapon, so you have to consider whether or not to use them more carefully. Some modifications are better on some weapons than others (for example the accuracy boost of field adjusted sights is more significant on less accurate weapons) so on the worse weapons the negatives will indeed outweigh the positives. I am not planning on replacing this leveling system with something comparable in the short term, since that'll create situations like COD/BF4 where certain loadouts for a weapon becomes indisputably better than anything else and everyone begins to use them as a result.

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP

Post by TotalyRosssome » 3 weeks ago

Hky wrote:
3 weeks ago
TotalyRosssome wrote:
4 weeks ago
HotCold wrote:
4 weeks ago

AP ammo :smirk:
Is sniper ammo any good though? I find that mostly all the bullet velocities are good at any range.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this