Music for Added Tension

Suggest new features for the server here.
pale1
Builder
Builder
MC Username: pale1
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 51 times

Music for Added Tension

Post by pale1 » 3 months ago

Hey folks. Not gonna lie I was abusing my builder powers to activate jukeboxes in pvp matches and I've got to say, the minecraft music is a lot of fun to listen to while in combat. I suggest we add a /music command just for fun so players can listen to the records at anytime during their gameplay. Keep in mind this command can't be sold as a donor perk because it violates the EULA, but making it available to all players is still allowed.

mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder
MC Username: Finnish_Man
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by mr_hidden217 » 3 months ago

- I myself would not see it fitting to have C418's soundtrack playing on the background while shooting down enemies, however the idea of implementing in-game background music does get my ideas moving. Round start and round end soundtracks from CS:GO I would see as good additions, but music that plays for the entirety of a game does create some question in "Is it needed?" and if so "How much would it improve the global user experience?". Keep in mind that this is no TF2 trade server or surf server from CS:GO where background music is justified due to there being a lack of background sounds like gun shots that in normal gameplay are essential in locating enemies.

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 3 months ago

La low bass when the round starts like there’s enemies coming in an FPS game
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

pale1
Builder
Builder

mr_hidden217 wrote:
3 months ago
- I myself would not see it fitting to have C418's soundtrack playing on the background while shooting down enemies, however the idea of implementing in-game background music does get my ideas moving. Round start and round end soundtracks from CS:GO I would see as good additions, but music that plays for the entirety of a game does create some question in "Is it needed?" and if so "How much would it improve the global user experience?". Keep in mind that this is no TF2 trade server or surf server from CS:GO where background music is justified due to there being a lack of background sounds like gun shots that in normal gameplay are essential in locating enemies.
If you play one round with C418 music you will change your mind. Trust me. It's crazy fun and also pays homage to the fact that guncolony is still created in a block game. If we brought some cheesy fps music into the mix it wouldn't be worth it but C418's music is already implemented in the game and is ready to be fired up with some really easy coding.

Obviously this isn't a feature that's needed but you can argue that about a lot of suggestions. This is purely for fun and shouldn't intensive at all on the server's hardware.

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: cartBNR
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by Turbo » 3 months ago

darude sandstorm....

nah
みあがいっちばーん!

mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder

pale1 wrote:
3 months ago
If you play one round with C418 music you will change your mind. Trust me. It's crazy fun and also pays homage to the fact that guncolony is still created in a block game. If we brought some cheesy fps music into the mix it wouldn't be worth it but C418's music is already implemented in the game and is ready to be fired up with some really easy coding.

Obviously this isn't a feature that's needed but you can argue that about a lot of suggestions. This is purely for fun and shouldn't intensive at all on the server's hardware.
- When playing on the server I do have my personal playlist playing on the background and with that said I can say that from personal experience the first round or two the music is fine and even helpful in some cases, however when the game becomes interesting the music can become surprisingly irritating and distracting from the main game. With all this said I can safely say that if one really is interested in having music playing on the background, they can use third party applications like Youtube or Spotify to listen to their favorite soundtracks like C418 or Darude.

pale1
Builder
Builder

mr_hidden217 wrote:
3 months ago
pale1 wrote:
3 months ago

- When playing on the server I do have my personal playlist playing on the background and with that said I can say that from personal experience the first round or two the music is fine and even helpful in some cases, however when the game becomes interesting the music can become surprisingly irritating and distracting from the main game. With all this said I can safely say that if one really is interested in having music playing on the background, they can use third party applications like Youtube or Spotify to listen to their favorite soundtracks like C418 or Darude.
Is that not the same thing as allowing players to use /music to listen to C418? It's as simple as attributing the playsound command to an item in a gui menu.

awesomepetie35
MC Username: awesomepetie35
Been liked: 52 times

Post by awesomepetie35 » 3 months ago

Why listen to C418 when we have Weezy and Drake

I"M PICKLE RICK!!!!!!!!

mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder

pale1 wrote:
3 months ago
Is that not the same thing as allowing players to use /music to listen to C418? It's as simple as attributing the playsound command to an item in a gui menu.
- Yes that would seem like a very good point I also though of this, however when lets I get irritated or want to hear foot steps for a second, I use short cuts to turn off the music for a split second allowing me to stay in action and allowing me to hear those important foot steps. Short cuts sadly are not possible inside of minecraft, forcing people to inconveniently to type out commands mid game if they want to turn it off and this inconvenience would make me suspect that no one would even bother having music enabled, because of the huge downside of muting out sounds important in knowing enemy locations.

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 3 months ago

I either have no music, 1990-2000s hip hop, or Tokyo drift and other f and f songs playing. Tokyo drift is never irritating and it helps me go around corners better.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this