[4/22 Updates] 4/16-4/22 Devblog
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:02 pm
This week we have added a brand new Mob-Arena respawn system, as well as additional improvements, optimizations, and bug fixes to several areas of our game.
First of all, let us congratulate ourselves for hitting 30 concurrent players, the highest since 2016!
Our forums have also reached 5,000 forum posts - huge thanks to everyone in the community for making both milestones a reality!
MOB-ARENA RESPAWN SYSTEM
We have added the ability to respawn in a Mob-Arena match. After a boss is defeated, all players in the spectator area will now respawn. However, every respawn players are penalized by having one heart removed from their maximum health, down to a minimum of 5 hearts.
Now you can also join a Mob-Arena match in the middle of the game now, from a new menu we have added to the Mob-Arena lobby at spawn. However, you will also spawn with reduced health depending on how many boss waves have already passed in the match.
Your experience bar in Mob-Arena now indicates the progress of the current wave. When the experience bar fills up, the next wave will spawn (unless there's a boss alive). You might notice that the progress seems to go faster over time - this is because the spawn speed of the next wave depends on how many mobs are still alive, and as you kill the mobs the wave will progress faster.
The name of bosses are now bolded to make the boss monster easier to locate. This does not apply to mini-bosses.
- Since we added the ability to respawn, to balance things out you now take 15% more direct damage from everything except TNT and charged creepers. (Indirect damage from fall, fire, potions, etc. are also unaffected.)
- Earlier waves in most maps now spawn more mobs to make them less boring
- The last few bosses in most maps are now easier because they were too hard compared to regular waves
- Removed Summon Minions skill from Wave 5 boss in Graveyard to reduce the insane minion spam in that wave
- Moved the spectator area in Blizzard for a better view of the entire map
We have added a new Defusal map, Mill, featuring a unique close-quarter combat experience, along with plenty of pathways to navigate around the map or catch enemies off guard from behind.
GRAVEYARD MAP CHANGES
We have improved the visuals of the Graveyard map, adding a lot of decoration outside. We have also opened up the spectator area to connect with the lobby and allow for a better view of the map.
We have tweaked our crate reward algorithm to give more rewards especially for longer matches.
- There is now a chance to receive more than 1 crate when earning more than 400 EXP in a match. (Earning more than 1500 EXP in a match will always give 2 or more crates)
- Quality of crates earned now increases much faster by the amount of EXP earned
- The Double EXP booster now increases the amount of gained EXP used in crate calculations by 1.25X instead of 2X in order to keep the crate quality gains roughly the same
- The EXP gained from voting is no longer affected by the Double EXP booster
We have fixed the "Go Back" button in many of our GUIs so they actually take you back to the menu you came from. Opening a crate from the crate menu will also take you back to the correct menu now.
In addition, unlocked weapons in the Tech Tree menu now display the same way as they do in the inventory menu, so you can now manage your weapons from the tech tree the same way as in your inventory.
Finally, at the beginning of a PVP match there will now be a chat prompt with rules of the current mode.
We have tweaked the weapon stats of select weapons, particularly Light Machine Guns and newly released weapons:
- SR-3M: Spraying accuracy substantially reduced, damage slightly reduced
- Negev: Damage slightly reduced
- MG34, MG3: Damage slightly reduced (more so on the MG3), accuracy slightly increased
- KSG-15: Damage significantly reduced, movement penalty reduced
We have done a number of other changes to the server, particularly to optimize the network performance so the server can support more players without lag.
- Fixed AK-103 not appearing in the Arms Race weapon pool
- Added a new scenario mode that takes place on Jungle Map in TDM, with Vietnam War weapons
- Fixed the Anti-Xray system not working properly
- Barriers should no longer act as a solid block to the Anti-Xray system
- Muzzle flash effects can now be seen from much further away
- Blood effects can now be seen from much further away
- Reduced amount of weapon tracer particles in third person for better performance
- Muzzle flash is no longer shown for other players if they can't see it due to an obstacle
- Bullet block impact particles are no longer shown for other players if they can't see it due to an obstacle (this is disabled for the shooter to reduce artifacts)
- Bullet block impact particles are no longer shown if the block is surrounded by 6 solid blocks around it (this applies even for the shooter)
- Seismic Slam boss skill particles are no longer shown for a block if both the block above and the block below are solid
- Arrows produced by Deadly Arrows skill are now removed after 0.75s to improve performance