Tales From A Mediocre Player- Nylon 66

General discussions about the server, gameplay, etc.
Vexy
0-99
0-99
MC Username: Vexy_Vex
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Tales From A Mediocre Player- Nylon 66

Post by Vexy » 3 months ago

Greetings! My name is Vexy and I return from my hiatus to give to you a lil post series known as 'Tales From A Mediocre Player' where I will give my personal opinions in reviewing guns on this server, new and old.

Today, we are going to review one of the server's newest rifles, the Nylon 66.

The Nylon has a max damage of 25 Unarmored and 16.88 maxxed at armored. It seemingly has a decent damage amount with a 415 RPM. It has a swap time of a single second but it's biggest flaw comes in it's reload at a ridiculous 4.5 seconds. This matches up with even some of the LMGs which while more costly, give far more bang for your buck overall. It has 70 rounds in total and 14 rounds in a single clip, giving it a fairly nice amount to burn through. Additionally, it appears to have a low amount of recoil as a whole and is fairly accurate overall.

Firing this thing in-game is like firing a mix between the SR-25 and the ZH-29. There's two huge issues with this gun however, that neither one of these weapons do. It essentially feels like a pistol with how much damage it does, and has the reload time of an LMG. This means that you have to land your shots, and even then a kill is doubtful. Mods that increase damage or firerate are HIGHLY recommended, but keep an eye on recoil.

In terms of pairing this gun with sidearms, the Walther PPK, Glock-18, CZ75-Auto and other high RPM sidearms are highly recommended, or high damage ones like the Double-Shotgun. Use this primary to weaken an enemy and finish off with your respective sidearm.

In particular, it thrives in any open maps. Aztec, DustII and Jungle are perfectly viable maps to use this. Close quarters maps are its bane, forcing you to rely on a sidearm if you chose to use it.

My personal opinion is this: It's a wonderfully designed gun. I love the fire-rate, I love the recoil, but the damage and reload speed are downright criminal. The ZH-33 does a far better job, despite having a smaller clip and the fact of the matter is: The Nylon 66 fails to play to it's strengths. As is, it would make a wonderful field rifle like the Scout, but it does so little damage for the amount of rounds that often it is hard to work around. I enjoy playing with the Nylon despite this, it feels very solid when firing and I feel like my shots land.

So how would I balance this gun? Either up the damage per bullet, or shorten that reload time to match other rifles of its caliber. Even if that means shortening the size of the clip, please do so if it means balancing this gun out and making it able to play to its strengths like so many alongside it. If you want it to be like the M14 EBR or it's brother, make it like that. Unfortunately, this gun can't have its cake and eat it too.

Do I recommend this? If you want to meme around, go ahead. It's not hysterically bad, but it gets close by all means. But for serious play like in Demolition? Avoid this gun like the plague. Get an M14 or the EBR variant. Get an AK, get literally any rifle that isn't this, because this is one of the worst rifles for what it is. It doesn't hold up against weapons like the AK-103 and even the FAL. It's a lovely design, concept and shoots wonderfully, but you might as well be bleeding on your enemy in hopes that they die.

TotalyRosssome
MC Username: TotalyRosssome
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 3 months ago

I'm still going to use it because of how bad it is
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: GK_Vector
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 182 times

Post by Turbo » 3 months ago

Might as well throw in a Kolibri next update.
Let me see how you gonna treat me, I ain't no easy- Better think about it TWICE~

Trexar
MC Username: Trexar
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Trexar » 3 months ago

Turbo wrote:
3 months ago
Or an Airsoft 200 RPM gun to counter the Nylon.

(The airsoft would probably win)
German snakes be like ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß

Hky
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Hky
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Hky » 3 months ago

shorten that reload time to match other rifles of its caliber
Not sure if there's anything else in .22LR :tearsofjoy:

Vexy
0-99
0-99
MC Username: Vexy_Vex
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Vexy » 3 months ago

Hky wrote:
3 months ago
I meant specifically of it's weapon class, I fear your joke may have went a bit past my point (assuming you were joking)
Trexar wrote:
3 months ago
Turbo wrote:
3 months ago
Or an Airsoft 200 RPM gun to counter the Nylon.

(The airsoft would probably win)
Honestly, crying on someone does more damage than the Nylon. Trust me, my reviews for the other guns that recently were added are far more positive!

pale1
Builder
Builder
MC Username: pale1
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by pale1 » 3 months ago

I think this gun is really good. The key to using it is to spam as fast as you can, stay at a good distance from your enemy and always aim for the head. If you are planning to mod the gun, avoid anything that adds recoil. Too much recoil will make spamming to land head-shots a lot harder. Use mods that give a faster fire rate or better accuracy.

_VenoMs
VIP
VIP
MC Username: Kometta
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by _VenoMs » 3 months ago

Hky wrote:
3 months ago
A Ruger MkV would be very cool including a red dot sight, seeing it would be the first pistol to have a scope on it, as a .22LR

_VenoMs
VIP
VIP
MC Username: Kometta
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by _VenoMs » 3 months ago

So basically like the Charger, the charger is a great sidearm, high rof, good headshot damage, and long damage dropoff

Trexar
MC Username: Trexar
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Trexar » 3 months ago

Out of all of the guns they could choose to add, they choose the Nylon 66.

Has anyone ever HEARD of this gun before the update? And why would anyone want to use a .22lr when other people can use things like the SCAR-L? Hell, id rather use an UZI than this thing.
German snakes be like ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß