Battle of Hoth Map-Full Release

Built a new map for the server? Submit it here!
awesomepetie35
MC Username: awesomepetie35
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 54 times

Battle of Hoth Map-Full Release

Post by awesomepetie35 » 11 months ago

Folks, I am humbled to present the finished product that is the Hoth PvP map. A couple of tidbits of info regarding the map...

Title: Hoth (The planet from Star Wars)

Time of Day: Around Midday (so it is sunny).

Weather: Sunny (I hate when it snows in maps so it will not be snowing in this one)

Gamemodes: I am planning on having Hoth be used for Standard TDM and Elimination. If infected is brought back ever, I'm planning on making a version that allows it to be an infected map as well. If the map is decided to be too big for Elimination, I will make modifications for a Defusal version because I belive it would be good for the no respawns round based gamemodes.

Lore of the map: Hoth is the base of the rebels at the start of "Star Wars episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" and is being seiged by imperial troops at the start of the movie which eventually is known as "The battle of Hoth". Your goal as the rebels (blue team) is to eliminate the imperial troops in an effort to escape the icy planet. The goal of the imperials (red team) is to waste the rebels and prevent their escape.

Play Style: How I think the map will playout is that in TDM it will be very sniper heavy at first but then players will realize how easy it is to avoid snipers on the map because of all of the caverns and how much cover there is on the map. This will eventually make players realize that ARs and LMGs are just as effective as snipers are on Hoth. I think it will transition to being a very versatile map that will be similar to Dust in TDM. In elim I think it will be very similar to how Lake is in defusal with players eventually buying their way to snipers in the later rounds and staying on the perimeter to pick off the opposition with some brave players rushing up the middle. The difference between Hoth and Lake will be the flank route in Hoth which might go underutilized at times but is easy to access for both teams as red has it near their spawn and it is accessable through the blue trenches.

Thank you to: Thanks to the four other builders who helped me with this map, Rijam, Arhippa, SilverFlaming, and The_Frumious. While I take credit for most of the overall layout, my building skills wouldn't have built a map this pretty and it was The_Frumious' vehicle building, Arhippa's building of the turrets, Rijam's help with some contraptions and world edit, and SilverFlaming's help with the trenches that truly make the map what it is. I couldn't do it without the help of these four, they made the building of my first map very memorable and fun.

Extras: There are loads of secrets on Hoth that are not in plain sight such as Star Wars characters, ships, signs, and secret areas of the map. Let me know if you're able to find them once the map is released!

Screenshots:

I"M PICKLE RICK!!!!!!!!

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: cartBNR
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by Turbo » 11 months ago

10/10 amazing efforts, [mention]mr_hidden217[/mention], [mention]Rijam[/mention], and [mention]SilverFlaming[/mention].

I can't wait to see the efforts we have done by the time we get this in PvP.

(In the map, I have done the X-wings and the AT-AT sniper posts for the Imperial team, the point of the AT-ATs are meant for snipers to use slits to take out enemies and counter-snipe the turret snipers also.
A lot of the detail with the weapon stands on walls were originally invented by myself when I needed some decorations inside both the Rebel base and inside the AT-ATs themselves. Another detail I have done was the X-wing crash ruins near the AT-ATs, this one is used as a cover/shield for both sides, making it a double-edged sword.
)
みあがいっちばーん!

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 11 months ago

Holy mother of g-d. This is amazing. (I went and took a closer look and it’s amazing.) /s
Last edited by TotalyRosssome on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

Steve_Happy_321
MC Username: stevehappy321
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Steve_Happy_321 » 11 months ago

At least there's still a few places to snipe
Regards,
stevehappy321
Lvl 60 Guncolony Veteran

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: cartBNR
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by Turbo » 11 months ago

Steve_Happy_321 wrote:
11 months ago
At least there's still a few places to snipe
a lot*
みあがいっちばーん!

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 11 months ago

Are there any secrets in the screenshots shown that we could find right now?
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
uwu what’s this

awesomepetie35
MC Username: awesomepetie35
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by awesomepetie35 » 11 months ago

TotalyRosssome wrote:
11 months ago
Are there any secrets in the screenshots shown that we could find right now?
Zero secrets in the screen shots
I"M PICKLE RICK!!!!!!!!

Trexar
VIP
VIP
MC Username: Trexar
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Trexar » 11 months ago

"The falcon is an Easter egg" - Cart 2018
DEFINITIV DU NICHT!

Turbo