De_HydroDam

Built a new map for the server? Submit it here!
mr_hidden217
Builder
Builder
MC Username: Finnish_Man
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: De_HydroDam

Post by mr_hidden217 » 1 year ago

Rijam wrote:
1 year ago
► Show Spoiler
Rijam wrote:
1 year ago
Some stuff I'm concerned about
- Back of A being a little too dark (easy to fix though)
- Observer blocks (the server is still 1.10, and Observer blocks were added in 1.11. So we'll have to replace all of the observer blocks with furnaces or dispensers or droppers.)
- A being too hard to rush for T's (On earlier rounds)(It takes CT's ~5 seconds to get outside to see whether the T's went A or B. If the T's went A through outside, both teams would start shooting very quickly.) (Once the T's get AWPs, It wont be as hard because they can snipe any CT's who go outside.)
- Yea, I can change that. I had a idea to make A site look like the Hydro Dam from The Long Dark.

[Pictures]
► Show Spoiler
- Why do we need to support older versions of MC, but ok. I can do that.
- I made the B tunnels entrance to be similar to De_DustII. In most games in De_DustII, CT's are already in the site when T's rush. Plus, smoke grenades and flash grenades(if added) will make it much easier to take the site, because of the B site layout. I can still look into changing the B site to be more fun.
Rijam wrote:
1 year ago
Some stuff to change
- Move the ladder outside one block closer to the mountain. Currently it's impossible to jump onto (even with the 43% speed boost)
- Maybe make the parkour on the mountain a little easier.
- The ladder placement was intentional, but if needed we can make the ladder longer.
- Do you mean the part outside going from T -> A?
Rijam wrote:
1 year ago
Also, what did you use to make the terrain? Like world painter or something? (because it looks awesome).
Last but not least: do you want it to be snowing? I did make snow smaller and less abundant:
- I used WorldPainter to make the terrain. It was a 48 hour learning experience of fail, hate and victory. It was really something special I'l remember forever.

- Yes, I would like it to snow in the map. I think the AntiCheaterBarrierBox needs to be changed that snow fall naturally.
Last edited by mr_hidden217 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rijam
Site Admin
Site Admin
MC Username: Rijam
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Rijam » 1 year ago

mr_hidden217 wrote:
1 year ago
- Why do we need to support older versions of MC, but ok. I can do that.
The server is still 1.10, that means if you try to place Observer blocks, they disappear.
Rijam wrote:
1 year ago
Some stuff to change
- Move the ladder outside one block closer to the mountain. Currently it's impossible to jump onto (even with the 43% speed boost)
- Maybe make the parkour on the mountain a little easier.
mr_hidden217 wrote:
1 year ago
- The ladder placement was intentional, but if needed we can make the ladder longer.
- Do you mean the part outside going from T -> A?
Even if the ladder is one block longer, it's still impossible to jump onto (because you can't sprint). It is possible if you move it 1 block closer to the mountain.
Yeah outside of A site.

TotalyRosssome
VIP
VIP
MC Username: ExoticRosssome
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by TotalyRosssome » 1 year ago

That looks sick
Show
Show
Show