GameReplixer's TMOD Application

Apply for a staff position here. Remember to read the rules and guidelines for applying for staff.
TheVanishedG
VIP
VIP
MC Username: GameReplixer
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 20 times

GameReplixer's TMOD Application

Post by TheVanishedG » 3 weeks ago

In-game name: My current in-game name is GameReplixer

In-Game Level: 94 w/ VIP

Why I want to be staff on this server:

I’m an active veteran on GunColony and have been playing for 4 years so far, and have seen many things on this server. GunColony was one of the first Minecraft servers I have ever joined, and to this day I still play on and honor it. Throughout my years of experience with GunColony, I have had a long time to think about this server, and how it could always be improved. In 2015, I saw that the server was growing and improving. I want GunColony to stay like that, and to improve from that. I want the game environment to be as safe as possible. Not only that, but I feel like when being a moderator, moderators are the “bridge” from the admins and the community. The purpose of the moderator is to help make the server a better place, by being friendly and nice, by being safe and by doing your best at all times.

My strengths and how I will use them:

I joined this server when I was around 11 - 12 (August 2015), and since my first days in Minecraft (2013), I have studied the games’ mechanics and have dedicated a lot of time into it. In 2017, I started up my own server with a couple of friends, which is where I gained a lot of experience and learned a servers' environment.

Personally, I believe being a member of a staff team is not only about protecting the community, but it’s also about helping people out (especially new players), not being toxic, being a good sport, and overall, being friendly to all. When one gets so obsessed with winning the game and not caring about the people, I believe that they can do just a little bit better in being a staff member. Having good communication skills is also essential, since communicating with other players and having fun is one way to make the server seem like a safe place.

I admit I did a few wrong things in the past year, such as using a hacked client on GunColony (and getting a 2w ban). This mistake is something that I like to call a “happy accident,” and to not hack on GunColony or the consequences will come up. I believe that being honest is most important, instead of trying to make yourself look good. I like looking back at my past mistakes and seeing what I did wrong, like the hacked client incident, and see what I can do to prevent that. What I did wrong, is that I violated the rules by using a hacked client on GunColony. I can prevent it by deleting the hacked client and never hacking again.

I have also learned to “understand” a players’ personality. Each individual player will behave differently, and I might usually try to find ways to bond with them. I think bonding with players is an essential skill when you are a staff member, because it will give them the sense that the server is a safe place with nice staff. Being family friendly is also very important (knowing that kids play on GunColony) and that keeping the chat environment safe is crucial to keeping toxicity down. Every player is an actual person in real life, and whatever you say to them, it may have an effect on them that is good or bad. Just an FYI, the languages I know other than English is Spanish.

I also have a history with hackers. Back in 2016, I used to play on servers that contained numerous amounts of hackers, and I have been able to identify the hacks they use. For the past few months, I have been reporting hackers on GunColony that have been affecting the game atmosphere, because I knew they were doing something wrong; And doing something that is against the rules is not okay.

(Extra information)
I have experience with plugins such as Essentials, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Crackshot, Voxel Sniper, etc. I used to own a Minecraft server myself that was in development, and I have some experience with coding permissions, setting up minigames, using WorldEdit and Voxel Sniper for building, WorldGuard for regions, you name it. I also have some knowledge in screensharing, since I have been recently interested in it, and I look forward in using these skills sometime. In addition, I have been through the GunColony resource packs and now understand how the models work, so I know a tad bit about them.

Past staff experience:
Administrating a Minecraft server back in 2017 - 2018

Online time each week:
- 25 - 28 hours (if on summer vacation)
- 10 - 14 hours (school days)

Past Punishments:
1 ban, due to taking a screenshot while using a hacked client in 2018.
(Plus 1 false ban on a different account)
Last edited by TheVanishedG on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:44 am, edited 8 times in total.

Turbo
VIP
VIP
MC Username: GK_Vector
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 182 times

Post by Turbo » 3 weeks ago

12/10 would go for despite the weird ban. I know you've been here long as I have now and all I can say is, good luck and have fun once you become staff. Server always has been a crazy place since the day I came in and always has to this day really. You have more than enough skills to do a lot of things here and at this point, you might as well become an admin at one point if you can stay long enough.

TL:DR best app I've seen so far this year
Let me see how you gonna treat me, I ain't no easy- Better think about it TWICE~

Trexar
MC Username: Trexar
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Trexar » 3 weeks ago

Turbo wrote:
3 weeks ago
12/10 would go for despite the weird ban. I know you've been here long as I have now and all I can say is, good luck and have fun once you become staff. Server always has been a crazy place since the day I came in and always has to this day really. You have more than enough skills to do a lot of things here and at this point, you might as well become an admin at one point if you can stay long enough.

I agree but in Vc chat he does not sound 15 lol.
German snakes be like ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß

TheVanishedG
VIP
VIP
MC Username: GameReplixer
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by TheVanishedG » 3 weeks ago

Trexar wrote:
3 weeks ago
Turbo wrote:
3 weeks ago

I agree but in Vc chat he does not sound 15 lol.
This isn't the first time I've gotten this comment before, but I can't seem to prove it.
People say "I'm a grade behind my voice."
PS: My school years are a bit messed up, so I'm a year behind.

Asrielite
MC Username: Asrielite
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Asrielite » 3 weeks ago

:) nice application
Cheytach is hot "oof" Asrielite 2017-Present Image